HomeGroupsTalkExplore

If You Give a Moose a Muffin Big Book by…

If You Give a Moose a Muffin Big Book (original 1991; edition 1994)

by Laura Joffe Numeroff, Felicia Bond (Illustrator)

Series: If You Give ... (2)

8,131191925 (4.1)36
Chaos can ensue if you give a moose a muffin and start him on a cycle of urgent requests.
Member:ajeecolesa
Title:If You Give a Moose a Muffin Big Book
Authors:Laura Joffe Numeroff
Other authors:Felicia Bond (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (1994), Paperback, 32 pages

Work Information

If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff (1991)

Knots by R. D. Laing (raizel)
    raizel: Similar logical difficulties and vicious circles at a different level of sophistication. If you give a moose a muffin, he needs lots of stuff including a muffin which requires the same lots of stuff ad nauseum. In Knots, your behavior is based on your world view and you world view is based on your behavior and changing either one is difficult.… (more)

Moose
  kmgerbig | Jan 5, 2023 |
A silly book that teaches children using humor that if you do something you probably shouldn't, you may end up causing a string of problematic cause and effect. I can use this book as a fun way to engage kids while teaching them cause and effect situations. ( )
  fmatiella1 | Mar 4, 2022 |
Title: If You Give A Moose A Muffin
- Author: Laura Joffe Numeroff
- Illustrator: Felicia Bond
- Publisher: HarperCollins
- Date: 1991 (year published)
- Pages: 32
- Type of Book/Genre: Picture book, Fiction
- Short Summary of the Plot: This story is a “domino effect” type of book; for example, if you give a moose a muffin he will want jam with it, then he will eat them all, then you will have to make more, the moose will want to come with you to get the ingredients, he will need a sweater because it is cold, and so on and so forth. After all these things the moose asks for as a result of the previous event, it all goes back to him wanting another muffin with jam.
- Tags/subject headings that describe the content: friendship, demanding, muffins.
- My response: This book follows the same algorithm of the, “If You Give A Mouse A Cookie,” by the same author. It is enjoyable, and I think the kids in my class would like it too.
  MayaBust | Feb 21, 2022 |
A fun prediction book.
  nicolecoronel | Nov 16, 2021 |
E was not amused with anything other than the bright green end pages. Soooo we'll stick with board books for longer

Interestingly enough, I realized that I probably learned the wrong lesson from this series, years ago. I, for various reasons, always identified with the little boy and thought the moral was to learn to say no when what the author probably wanted, all along, was to teach a lesson about wanting things.

Glad I didn't completely miss that message... ( )
  OutOfTheBestBooks | Sep 24, 2021 |

Laura Numeroffprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bond, FeliciaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chu, Brian Wei-Rensecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fraser, StephenIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mlawer, TeresaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Alice and Emily, the two best sisters anyone could ever possibly want! L.J.N.
For Antoine, Nahem, Jennifer, Santos, Brian and Crystal. F.B.
If you give a moose a muffin...
When he opens the door and feels how chilly it is, he'll ask to borrow a sweater.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 182,946,729 books! | Top bar: Always visible