My heart's desire by Andrea Kane

My heart's desire (original 2006; edition 2016)

by Andrea Kane

Series: Barrett (1)

Never were there two more unlikely people to fall in love... Lady Alexandria Cassel scorned London's frivolous social whirl, seeking adventure as a stowawayaboard a merchant ship. Drake Barrett was the vessel's powerful captain -- and a cynical duke who disdained a noble's shallow life. At sea he revealed neither his origins nor his wealth, and to Alexandria he was simply a man who made her cool reserve fly with the winds...whose desire for her was as wildas the ocean they sailed. Caught in the crossfire of war, they were shipwrecked on an idyllic island, where they tasted perfect passion...and tenderness. But Drake dreaded the day of their rescue -- when his love would discover that the virile man she adored was at the pinnacle of the aristocracy she despised. Hardlydid they suspect the base treachery that would soon threaten them...and the dangers each would brave to join forever their hearts and lives… (more)
Member:TiffanyHeth
Title:My heart's desire
Authors:Andrea Kane
Info:Warren, NJ : Bonnie Meadow Publishing, [2016]

My Heart's Desire by Andrea Kane (2006)

I know this author from her psychological thrillers but I have never read one of her historical fiction stories. When I read the author's biography I realized that the author actually started out as a historical fiction writer before turning to her psychological thrillers. I read mixed reviews about this book so I was not sure about it going into it from the beginning. Yet, I was on the side of enjoyment. Alexandria is full of hellfire. I loved her willingness to stand up to Drake. She sure matched him wit for wit. They were a match made in love. Although, I know that Drake's nickname for Alex was "princess" to tease her but by the end it turned into a cute term of endearment. The moments when Alex and Drake were alone was great. I could really feel the love between them. Another person that I enjoyed seeing in this book was Smitty. Drake's right hand man. He was so kind and was a man of wisdom. After actually enjoying this book, I want to continue on with the next book and get to know Drake's younger sister, Samantha even more in book two. ( )
  Cherylk | Sep 20, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,267,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible