How to Become a Straight-A Student: The Unconventional Strategies Real…

by Cal Newport

Looking to jumpstart your GPA? Most college students believe that straight A's can be achieved only through cramming and painful all-nighters at the library. But Cal Newport knows that real straight-A students don't study harder--they study smarter. A breakthrough approach to acing academic assignments, from quizzes and exams to essays and papers, How to Become a Straight-A Student reveals for the first time the proven study secrets of real straight-A students across the country and weaves them into a simple, practical system that anyone can master. You will learn how to:  * Streamline and maximize your study time  * Conquer procrastination  * Absorb the material quickly and effectively  * Know which reading assignments are critical--and which are not  * Target the paper topics that wow professors  * Provide A+ answers on exams  * Write stellar prose without the agony A strategic blueprint for success that promises more free time, more fun, and top-tier results, How to Become a Straight-A Student is the only study guide written by students for students--with the insider knowledge and real-world methods to help you master the college system and rise to the top of the class.… (more)

Really interesting methods, fun read! I'm on 'how does the brain learn' kick right now and this, knowingly or not, does an excellent job of matching the brain's natural functions and patterns. ( )
  Sennie_V | Mar 22, 2022 |
I have exams in a month so we'll see ( )
  wendy.reads | Jan 26, 2021 |
I read the book quickly today as am finishing my master's to check if I learned what I should have learned during my studies and it seems fairly consistent.

Some of those lessons I learned the hard way, which gives the book its well deserved 4 stars ( 1 for getting straight to the point). But the book is not something break-through and on itself will not make you a straight-A student.

Get it if you're an undergrad and skim it fast. ( )
  berezovskyi | Dec 19, 2020 |
Super actionable book on how to better structure your university life. Lots of filler so you can read it in an hour or two, but definitely has enough useful concepts to be worth your time/money. ( )
  isovector | Dec 13, 2020 |
Really useful. ( )
  m0nk3y | Mar 24, 2020 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,842,457 books! | Top bar: Always visible