Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

The King James Study Bible

by Thomas Nelson

The most comprehensive King James Version study Bible published in 50 years. The King James Study Bible has more than 2,000 pages packed with thousands of notes and commentaries from respected conservative scholars. More than 5,700 annotations in a unique format offer a broad understanding of the Bible and how it relates to the world we live in today. Features include: Presentation page Comprehensive introductions and outlines for each Book of the Bible Center-column references with explanations of difficult terms Doctrinal footnotes Words of Jesus in red Articles and indexes on how to study the Bible, God's answers to man's concerns, the teachings and fulfilled prophecies of Christ, biblical personality profiles, and archaeological notes Harmony of the Gospels 48 in-text maps and 8 pages of full-color maps 128-page concordance Index to annotations Type size: 11 point Part of the Signature Series line of Thomas Nelson Bibles King James Study Bibles sold to date: More than 2.4 million The King James Version--The most successful Bible translation in history with billions of copies published   Thomas Nelson Bibles is giving back through the God's Word in Action program. Donating a portion of profits to World Vision, we are helping to eradicate poverty and preventable deaths among children. Learn more and discover what you can do at www.seegodswordinaction.com.  … (more)
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Wartburg Project (lhungsbe)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.

As the title states, this is a “know” the word study Bible, and yes it is a Bible, but it offers so much more.
Depending on how you like to study, and I like to research as I read, this bible has it all right at your figure tips. I have my concordance, and this has it all built in, along with beautiful maps to follow.
While it might be geared to a new Christian, I found it handy to have it all right there on each page. I personally am always trying to grow in knowledge, and find myself looking elsewhere for answers, so I loved that it is right here.
According to the leaf jacket--You can read the Bible Book by Book; the book-by-book leads you through the main points of each of the Bible. Verse by Verse: the verse-by-verse notes help you to dig deeper into God’s Word. Topic by Topic: The Topic-by-topic studies, which cover 21 theological topics, guide you through a series of insightful notes and give you a through biblical understanding of each topic.
I am finding myself reaching for this Bible each day in my study of the Word.
I received this Bible through Litfuse Publicity Book Tours, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Oct 25, 2017 |
The best book. Book of all books. ( )
  adnerb7 | Oct 30, 2012 |
Best book ever written!!! My favorite story from it is the Book of Daniel! ( )
  rebeccaday1 | Jun 27, 2011 |
This is for King James Version "study bibles" with extensive notes. It should not be combined with the regular King James Version or with any other translation with or without notes.

This is a King James bible, with chain references, index of proper names, a concordance, and maps. It is printed in Long Primer type on india paper, and bound in black calfskin leather, semi-yapp, with gilt edges.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,515,607 books! | Top bar: Always visible