When I Feel Good about Myself (The Way I…

When I Feel Good about Myself (The Way I Feel Books) (edition 2003)

by Cornelia Maude Spelman (Author), Kathy Parkinson (Illustrator)

1954110,867 (4.25)None
A young guinea pig explains that self-confidence comes from learning new things without being afraid of making mistakes and to remember that everyone has different qualities that make them lovable.
Member:trishiamikel
Title:When I Feel Good about Myself (The Way I Feel Books)
Authors:Cornelia Maude Spelman (Author)
Other authors:Kathy Parkinson (Illustrator)
Info:Albert Whitman & Company (2003), 24 pages

Work Information

When I Feel Good about Myself (Way I Feel) by Cornelia Maude Spelman

discusses how an individual feels about themselves. talks about how sometimes things are difficult or easy, people love us no matter what, the we make mistakes and try again.
great for social skills discussions
1 book
  TUCC | Dec 19, 2016 |
This book is good for younger readers. It's not a hard read; there are only a few words on each page. However, the message is solid. That message is "I'm fine just as I am." In the beginning of the book, it has a note about what self esteem is, its importance, and how to make sure the adults in a child's life are building their self esteem. In the book, it gives examples of when you feel good about yourself, such as "I feel good when I can help." It also tells the reader that someone loves them "just as I am." ( )
  hphipp2 | Dec 5, 2014 |
This book show us about what is feeling "happy."
Source: Oakwood Elementary School Library
  yasutakan | May 14, 2014 |
Cornelia Maude helps child identify their feeling through an array of The Way I feel Books. In This book she uses wonderful pictures and simple words to depict a young hamster’s self-confidence about herself. It talks about being different from others, learning new things, making new friends and being loved makes you feel good about yourself.

This is a great picture book that makes it easy for kids to relate to. My preschools just loved it and sat very quite through the whole story. I think they were able to understand the book easily through the big detailed pictures that displayed tons of emotion.

We read it during “ I am special week “, at school, and they really loved talking about what made them feel good about themselves and how they were each special. I think it’s a good book to use with a theme like that and have the chance to tell what makes them feel good about themselves. We also made a “I am special” craft mirror, to see how special we all were. You could also have the child color a picture of what makes them feel good about themselves. ( )
  amberntaylor | Sep 14, 2008 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,535,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible