Bookshops & Bonedust (Legends & Lattes) by…

Bookshops & Bonedust (Legends & Lattes) (edition 2023)

by Travis Baldree (Author)

Viv's career with the renowned mercenary company Rackam's Ravens isn't going as planned. Wounded during the hunt for a powerful necromancer, she's packed off against her will to recuperate in the sleepy beach town of Murk - so far from the action that she worries she'll never be able to return to it. What's a thwarted soldier of fortune to do? Spending her hours at a struggling bookshop in the company of its foul-mouthed proprietor is the last thing Viv would have predicted. Even though it may be exactly what she needs. Still, adventure isn't far away. A suspicious traveller in grey, a gnome with a chip on her shoulder, a summer fling and an improbable number of skeletons prove Murk to be more eventful than Viv could have ever expected. Sometimes, right things happen at the wrong time. Sometimes, what we need isn't what we seek. And sometimes, we find ourselves in the stories we experience together.… (more)
Member:tayble
Title:Bookshops & Bonedust (Legends & Lattes)
Authors:Travis Baldree (Author)
Info:Tor Books (2023), 339 pages

Work Information

Bookshops & Bonedust by Travis Baldree

Saw Legends & Lattes in the bookstore a few months back and knew I'd want to try it one day. Decided to get it yesterday, but, hmmm, not available now. But here's the prequel. Bought and started to read. A day-and-a-half to finish and didn't read anything else (odd for me). A light fun read with good emotional underpinning. Highly recommend for anyone who likes light fantasy.—Paul ( )
  pandr65 | Apr 16, 2024 |
This is a jump back in Viv's past to when she was still part of a team in adventuring. But she's been injured and is forced into peaceful recovery. She makes friends, foils a plot, and ends up helping her team take down their target. I enjoyed getting a peak at Viv's past, but the first book was more fun for me. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 11, 2024 |
Sweet novel about an injured warrior who recovers in a small town and expands her horizons through her friendships with the residents there, particularly the owner of a dusty old bookshop and the fabulous town baker. Her presence there also comes in handy with some town defense that is required. ( )
  Aronfish | Mar 28, 2024 |
I love the idea of cozy fantasy, but I'm finding I'm not much of a fan of low stakes side quests.
  Bodagirl | Mar 24, 2024 |
Thank you to Netgalley for the ARC!

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE GEM. I love pot roast, I love Fern, I love books. This was a hug I needed, that made me start re-reading the first book in the series! I love the pacing, the soft romance, the light fantasy and the embrace of the world created. What a treat. ( )
  eboods | Feb 28, 2024 |

Travis Baldreeprimary authorall editionscalculated
Baldree, TravisNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Because right things happen at the wrong time.
"Eighteen!" bellowed Viv, bringing her saber around in a flat curve that battered the wight's skull off its spine.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,614,234 books! | Top bar: Always visible