Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning (Teach…

Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning (Teach Yourself Visually Consumer) (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Judith MacKenzie McCuin

319334,767 (3.96)2
Member:SheriFG
Title:Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning (Teach Yourself Visually Consumer)
Authors:Judith MacKenzie McCuin
Info:Visual (2007), Paperback, 224 pages

Teach Yourself Visually Handspinning by Judith MacKenzie McCuin (2007)

Caveat: I have no intention of spinning, I am trying to make unique yarn by plying interesting fibers together. I've looked at spinning and plying instructions in other books and this is the first one that made sense. She also shows how to use a drop spindle to ply; other books gave me the impression that plying withiout a wheel was not possible. I intend to give the instructions a whirl (so to speak) when I get my drop spindle back from the person who borrowed it. ( )
  aulsmith | Apr 27, 2012 |
Ugh. Not the quality I would expect from a spinner this renowned, but exactly what I expected from this publishing format. Bad format, many typos and other bad editing. Several photos wasted on techniques which needed only one or two, other techniques which need many photos get short shrift. Wait for MacKenzie McCuin's next book, I hear it will be excellent. ( )
  commingledfibers | Apr 6, 2009 |
I love this book it has Great pictures and wonderful instruction. ( )
1 vote Kyrie | Nov 21, 2007 |

With its soothing, meditative effect, handspinning is a relaxing hobby, and the beautiful yarns you create are an even better reward. This visual guide shows you the basics, beginning with the tools and fibers, and takes you through spinning, plying, making novelty yarns, using exotic fibers, dyeing, and more. Whether you use an inexpensive hand spindle or splurge on a spinning wheel, stick with wool or try alpaca, cashmere, or cotton, you'll learn how to create fun, original, one-of-a-kind yarns that you can knit or weave into truly unique, handmade, and all-natural creations.

The skill demonstrated is defined and described

Detailed color photos demonstrate each step

Step-by-step instructions accompany each photo

Helpful tips provide additional guidance

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:12 -0400)

This visual guide shows you the basics, beginning with the tools and fibers, and takes you through spinning, plying, making novelty yarns, using exotic fibers, dyeing, and more. Whether you use an inexpensive hand spindle or splurge on a spinning wheel, stick with wool or try alpaca, cashmere, or cotton, you'll learn how to create fun, original, one-of-a-kind yarns that you can knit or weave into truly unique, handmade, and all-natural creations. Concise two-page lessons show you all the steps to a skill and are ideal for quick review.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,447,741 books! | Top bar: Always visible