Yours Truly by Abby Jimenez

Yours Truly (edition 2023)

by Abby Jimenez (Author)

Series: Part of Your World (2)

A novel of terrible first impressions, hilarious second chances, and the joy in finding your perfect match from "a true talent" (Emily Henry, #1 New York Times bestselling author). Dr. Briana Ortiz's life is seriously flatlining. Her divorce is just about finalized, her brother's running out of time to find a kidney donor, and that promotion she wants? Oh, that's probably going to the new man-doctor who's already registering eighty-friggin'-seven on Briana's "pain in my ass" scale. But just when all systems are set to hate, Dr. Jacob Maddox completely flips the game . . . by sending Briana a letter. And it's a really good letter. Like the kind that proves that Jacob isn't actually Satan. Worse, he might be this fantastically funny and subversively likeable guy who's terrible at first impressions. Because suddenly he and Bri are exchanging letters, sharing lunch dates in her "sob closet," and discussing the merits of freakishly tiny horses. But when Jacob decides to give Briana the best gift imaginable—a kidney for her brother—she wonders just how she can resist this quietly sexy new doctor . . . especially when he calls in a favor she can't refuse. "Abby Jimenez's words...sprinkle humor and warmth all over my life." –Ali Hazelwood, New York Times bestselling author of The Love Hypothesis.… (more)
Member:dottyreader
Title:Yours Truly
Authors:Abby Jimenez (Author)
Info:Little, Brown (2023)
Tags:read 24, April 24, romance

Work Information

Yours Truly by Abby Jimenez

So, this book won Book of the Year for Book of the Month. As a member, I get a free book for my birthday and one of the five finalists for book ofvthe year. I had already read the other four finalists so I chose this one even though I don't read much romance. But, I would never not get my free book! Well, I loved this book! I was literally laughing out loud! Dr. Briana Ortiz's life is not going well, her divorce is almost final and her brother needs a kidney transplant before it's too late. There's also a promotion that should be hers but here comes a new ER doctor, Jacob Maddox who seems to be in the running as well. Every character in this book is great! I read this one straight through as well yesterday. I guess I must actually like the Book Of the Year romances because I also got one last year and loved it, too! Recommended! ( )
  Dianekeenoy | Mar 10, 2024 |
Yes it’s a sappy love story that is formulaic and predictable. But so is every great cake recipe! One of the few books that has ever made me laugh out loud TWICE. Super earnest and funny. If you don’t like your main characters perfectly flawed and lovable, don’t read this book. ( )
  rockvillemama | Jan 24, 2024 |
I normally love Jimenez but this one fell flat for me. This one was just too usual with it's fake dating leads to real love for the two lovers working through previous damage. ( )
  hellokirsti | Jan 3, 2024 |
Again this book was such a delight!! I realy loved the fake dating element at this story but also loved the various rep tha was present in this book. I really loved both characters and even though this book did not have "small" town vibes it felt like that. I also really liked how this book proogressed it was such a fun read and def had some emotional moment. I really need to go back and read the other books by this author. I tihnk the audibook is def the way to go!! ( )
  lmauro123 | Dec 28, 2023 |
  lmauro123 | Dec 28, 2023 |

Abby Jimenezprimary authorall editionscalculated
Garcia, KylaNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Webber, ZacharyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

"They're calling him Dr. Death."

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,232,687 books! | Top bar: Always visible