Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

Iron Kissed

by Patricia Briggs

Series: Mercy Thompson (3), World of the Marrok (4)

4,1951731,749 (4.24)154

English (168)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (172)
Wow, this one was a tough one for me. It was a 3 star at most, pretty much the whole way through, until the end. I cried real tears when Ben was confronting Adam over Mercy.

I feel emotionally spent now. ( )
  Amelia1989 | Jun 10, 2019 |

Fast paced but not too fast. I enjoyed every minute of it. ( )
  Sept | May 21, 2019 |
I agree that these books get better and better. I really like Mercy as a character. She's not a pushover and not whiny. She's her own person and can think for herself. I like all the other characters as well. This book was a bit darker than the ones before this one. I'm curious to see where the story goes next.

Though strangely enough, it does take me a lot longer than usual to finish these books. I wonder why. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
I can’t say that I was too happy with this one. I will give it a 5/5 because I love the story line and some parts were beyond great for me.
Zee and Uncle Mike call in the debt that Mercy owes them for use of the medallion that she used to kill not one but two vamps in the last book Blood Bound. There is someone killing Fae and Mercy has a great nose in coyote form. So she goes traipsing off with Zee to smell the murder scenes and see if there is a scent that was at all of the murders. She ends up only searching the last and the first two, but soon figures out exactly who it was killing the Fae.
Zee and Uncle Mike go to have a little “chat” with the killer and find that the human is already dead. Zee is picked up on murder and it seems that the Fae are content to let him take the fall. So even after being told to stay out of it by Uncle Mike ( he should really know better), Mercy takes it upon herself to go to the murderer’s home and sniff out what she can. While there she learns a few things and meets a crow ( who you just know is Fae).
Once Mercy figured everything out, I was upset with the path that things went down; though I can understand it. And really PROPS to Mercy for the way she took care of that one!!
The side story of this book is all about Mercy needing to choose between Adam; Aloha of the local pack who has already claimed her as his mate in the pack, and Samuel; first love and werewolf. I really am glad that she made a choice in the end and I am happy with her choice even though I do love them both.
There were a lot of tears on my end in the last few chapters of the book, but it is a great read and I couldn’t put it down!! ( )
  chaoticbooklover | Dec 26, 2018 |
Third in the series. Briggs explores another aspect of her paranormal society, the quite unfriendly fae. She sneaks some social commentary into this entertaining mystery/thriller/romance. The big question: how tolerant should we be of groups that would just as soon destroy us? How do we keep the peace? Interesting and fun read. I was a little disappointed at the resolution of the romance, but won't spoil the ending for others. ( )
  JanetNoRules | Sep 17, 2018 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler,MichaelMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LoreleiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Collin: Collector of all that is Sharp and Pointy Dragon Slayer
"A cowboy, a lawyer, and a mechanic watched Queen of the Damned," I murmured.

It wasn't hard to follow the scent of blood to the living room where the fae had been killed. It had been a violent death, perfect for creating ghosts.

Mercy Thompson enjoys being a mechanic, but life is never simple given her increasing closeness to the local werewolf pack, and her ability to change into coyote form at will. And when a member of the fae comunity calls in a favour, needing her skills for a covert murder investigation, she jumps into the hunt.

But the dangers multiply and she clashes with shadowed creatures of great power. When her old boss Zee is charged with a brutal assassination, Mercy finds herself fighting alone. There are those who love her, who would keep her safe, but she is wary and holds her freedom precious. Until, that is, she has nothing left to lose but her life...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0441015662, Mass Market Paperback)

When her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, it's up to shapeshifting car mechanic Mercy Thompson to clear his name, whether he wants her to or not. And she'll have to choose between the two werewolves in her life-whether she wants to or not.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:35 -0400)

Shapeshifting mechanic Mercy Thompson finds her loyalty sorely tested when her former boss and mentor is arrested for murder and left to rot behind bars by his own kind, while she is trying to choose between Sam and Adam, the two werewolves she loves.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,408,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible