Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Chalice…

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Chalice of the Gods (Percy Jackson & the Olympians) (edition 2023)

by Rick Riordan (Author)

Fantasy. Juvenile Fiction. Juvenile Literature. Mythology. HTML:

After saving the world multiple times, Percy Jackson is hoping to have a normal senior year. Unfortunately, the gods aren't quite done with him. Percy will have to fulfill three quests in order to get the necessary three letters of recommendation from Mount Olympus for college. The first quest is to help Zeus's cup-bearer retrieve his goblet before it falls into the wrong hands. Can Percy, Grover, and Annabeth find it in time? Readers new to Percy Jackson (you can enjoy this book as a standalone) and fans who have been awaiting this reunion for more than a decade will delight equally in this latest hilarious take on Greek mythology.

.… (more)
Member:BooksMcG
Title:Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Chalice of the Gods (Percy Jackson & the Olympians)
Authors:Rick Riordan (Author)
Info:Disney Hyperion (2023), Edition: Media tie-in, 288 pages
Collections:Wishlist

Work Information

The Chalice of the Gods by Rick Riordan

English (15)  Spanish (1)  All languages (16)
OG trio shenanies, crocs & bucket hats, classic PJO pacing perfect for a reading slump…….it’s all I ever wanted. I’m moving to Sally Jackson’s fire escape ( )
  hannerwell | Feb 24, 2024 |
This book was so fun! It was great to see Percy and his friends do a quest that wasn't of world-ending proportions. I was a little confused at first about why Percy's baby sister wasn't mentioned, but then I realized that this book takes place before the Trials of Apollo. ( )
  LynnMPK | Feb 6, 2024 |
“Everything tastes better when you’re eating with the people you love.”
“Just because I’ve been known to burn places down, blow things up, and unleash apocalyptic disasters wherever I go… that doesn’t mean I’m totally irresponsible.”
“This is how you know you’ve found true love: when your significant other is just as bad at singing as you are.”
“You know,” he said. “sometimes it’s the smallest waves that knock you off your feet. Tsunamis—everybody knows they’re powerful. Tidal waves—big and impressive. But those small waves? They hold a lot of power. They prove what the ocean is capable of, even when no one is paying attention.”
After waiting for more than decade for a book with the original trio, I had high expectations for this book. It did not disappoint.
In this book, the original trio, Percy, Annabeth, and Grover have to complete another quest, this time for something more important than saving the world: college. I have to say, it was really enjoyable to read this. It was nice to see how the original trio were doing and Percy is, of course, the most entertaining narrator. It was great to read a book in his perspective again. This book had action, humor, and even some sweetness, like when Percy talks about his family and his love for Annabeth. It was amazing.
Now, you might be wondering, if it was so amazing, why did you rate it 4 stars instead of 5?
Well, I have a reason for that.
The thing is, it was a little… too humorous? Books narrated by Percy are always full of jokes, sarcastic quips, and are all in all pretty lighthearted (despite the trauma Rick insists upon inflicting), but I feel like it was just a little too much. It’s not that I didn’t enjoy it. I did. It’s part of Percy’s charm, but I feel like I would have enjoyed the book more if it took certain situations a little more seriously. There are some scenes that would’ve felt more serious and would’ve had more weight to it if a joke or a sarcastic thought hadn’t immediately followed afterward.
Despite that, however, I still this was a really great book. If you’re a Percy Jackson fan, it is a must-read. Rick definitely did not disappoint. ( )
  That_Crazy_Fangirl | Jan 22, 2024 |
I am a guy of limited talents. If I can’t kill it with water, a sword, or sarcasm, I am basically defenseless. I come preloaded with sarcasm. The pen-sword is always in my pocket. Now I had access to water, so I was as prepared as I could ever be.

I had forgotten how funny Percy is. ( )
  Sum_Thing | Jan 22, 2024 |
Being the son of Poseidon is never easy and Percy Jackson will attest to that fact. He has taken down the Titans and restored the Olympians to their place, but one would think that they would be a bit less harsh on him. Yeah, not going to happen especially when on his college form for New Rome University, he has to have three God recommendations. This is not going to be an easy task...that is until the moment Ganymede calls upon Percy for help - the Chalice of the Gods is missing and he needs it before Zeus learns it's gone.

It has been what? A little over ten years since we last had a Percy Jackson adventure? Nevertheless, we do and this time we have new characters - new lesser gods and a quest that requires Percy to seek out recommendations to attend New Rome University.

It is always great to see Percy return. You would think the Gods would give him a break but you know how that has always turned out and this book is no different. The only difference is that someone has taken Ganymede's chalice and now it is up to Percy, Annabeth, and Grover to retrieve it while also trying to get recommendations. This book was a fun adventure for those familiar with Percy Jackson. His sarcastic self alongside the chapter titles are always a welcoming addition.

The Chalice of the Gods returns us to the world of Percy Jackson and back to the unique blending of ancient mythology with modern-day settings and relatable teenage protagonists has been highly praised by readers and critics alike. For any fan of Rick Riordan, this book is something you should add to your collection. ( )
  Revengelyne | Jan 11, 2024 |

Rick Riordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rekiaro, IlkkaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

To Walker, Aryan, and Leah

Here's to new beginnings!
Look, I didn't want to be a high school senior.

Fantasy. Juvenile Fiction. Juvenile Literature. Mythology. HTML:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 202,139,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible