Barry Trotter and the Dead Horse (2004)

by Michael Gerber

Series: Barry Trotter (Book 3)

Barry Trotter is pretty disreputable and unpleasant. Imagine what he was like as a teenager. Here's the beginning of the whole sorry tale. Did Barry and Ermine do it? (Their homwork, that is.) How exactly did Lon end up with a hole in his head that whistles when the wind blows? Was Lord Valumart always that crass? And where did that ridiculous German accent come from? As funny and twisted as the first two books, BARRY TROTTER AND THE DEAD HORSE is also as affectionate towards JK Rowling's originals. This has lead to the books gaining a devoted following amongst fans of Harry Potter as well as being a welcome antidote for the over-egging (eeuwww) of the boy wizard. A process that we're not a part of at all. Oh no. Not even a tiny bit.… (more)

READ IN ENGLISH

When I first found this book, a parody, I thought it had to be fun, as my sister and my like to make fun of some certain scenes in the Harry Potter books and movies ourselves. But, I was really disappointed. There were a lot 'jokes' in it that just weren't funny, and there was no story in it at all. I actually liked the first few pages the best, in which is explained that it has nothing to do with JK Rowling. It took me quite some time to finish the book, as I was not interested at all in what was going to happen next. Perhaps I should have read the first books before reading this one, but I don't think I will go and find out. ( )
  Floratina | May 26, 2016 |
Die Filibustergasse schimmerte in der Sommerhitze.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,132,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible