Boy's Abyss, Vol. 2 (2) by Ryo Minenami

Boy's Abyss, Vol. 2 (2) (edition 2023)

by Ryo Minenami (Author)

Self-serving adults and broken dreams push a teenage boy trapped in a dead-end town closer and closer toward the abyss. Reiji's life is as miserable as the small town he can't escape. The most interesting thing that's ever happened there is a double suicide down by the river.
Member:Issei
Title:Boy's Abyss, Vol. 2 (2)
Authors:Ryo Minenami (Author)
Info:VIZ Media LLC (2023), 192 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Work Information

Boy's Abyss, Vol. 2 (2) by Ryo Minenami

dark drama (1) drama (1) grimdark (1) manga (1) manga: seinen (1) read (1) to-read (1)

...What the fuck. What the hell is this series? Is this just supposed to be nothing be pure misery, the entire time?! I'll give it to the third volume, if it doesn't improve, I'll have to stop. The only reason I'm giving it a 3-sta right now is because it has excellent art. The artist also does a good job of making you feel the subtle horror of it all.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!

But seriously, what is this series? I thought MAYBE there would be a normal person in the teacher, but not. I thought maybe she'll be the driving force for Reiji trying to live, but instead, she just uses him to satisfy herself. The way she INSTANTLY became obsessed with him was disturbing. I thought Nagi being a twenty-year-old sleeping with a seventeen-year-old was bad, but the teacher as a twenty-nine-year-old sleeping with a seventeen-year-old is even worse. The teacher is clearly unhinged. She tells him "Let me indulge in this illicit student-teacher relationship. You'll understand when you're an adult." I the reader am an adult and I sure as hell don't understand why you would want to sleep with a TEENAGER. The childhood friend attempting to roughly have intercourse with Nagi on the side of the road only to abandon her angrily once she says Reiji is trying to die was a whiplash. Why does he treat him like such garbage if he doesn't want Reiji to die?! Also, which is the final chapter, where they trying to imply that Gen is sleeping with Reiji's mother?! What the fuck?! This series shouldn't be called Boy's Abyss it should be called Human Depravity. ( )
  Katharine_Opal | Mar 2, 2023 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,867,670 books! | Top bar: Always visible