Blutlied: Die Rachel-Morgan-Serie 5 - Roman…

Blutlied: Die Rachel-Morgan-Serie 5 - Roman (Rachel Morgan Serie) (German… (edition 2012)

by Kim Harrison (Author), Vanessa Lamatsch (Translator)

Series: The Hollows (5)

"Despite dating one vampire and living with another, Rachel Morgan has always managed to stay just ahead of trouble-- until now. A fiendish serial killer stalks the Hollows, claiming victims across society, and the resulting terror ignites a vicious Inderland gang war. And while the ancient artifact Rachel is hiding may be the key to stopping the murderer, revealing it could also create a battle to the death among the numerous supernatural races that live in and around Cincinnati. For every action has its price, and when the vampire master Piscary is set free and the demonic Algaliarept dares to walk openly under the sun, even Rachel Morgan can't hide forever." -- from publisher's web site.… (more)
Member:miriamel23
Title:Blutlied: Die Rachel-Morgan-Serie 5 - Roman (Rachel Morgan Serie) (German Edition)
Authors:Kim Harrison (Author)
Other authors:Vanessa Lamatsch (Translator)
Info:Heyne Verlag (2012), 769 Seiten

For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison

English (72)  Dutch (2)  All languages (74)
Under the mistaken impression that this was the first book in the series, I picked this up in the airport, and started it on the plane. I kind of wish I hadn't, since the world and the characters were very engaging, but this book clearly draws on a lot of history from the first four books, and apparently resolves a number of open questions left by those books. I really want to go back and read the first four; I'm hoping that knowing what happened here won't reduce my enjoyment of the earlier ones. ( )
  JohnNienart | Jul 11, 2021 |
I can't rate this. Too unhappy.
  Stacie-C | May 8, 2021 |
I really enjoyed this installment in the series! I know that I am really late to the party with this series but I am having fun with it. I really don't know why I have been waiting so long to start the next book after finishing one. I have grown to really like the characters and was quickly hooked by this story once I started listening. I had a really good time with the series.

Rachel is asked to help with an investigation involving murdered werewolves. As she starts to piece things together, she finds that what is actually happening is even scarier than she could have imagined. To make matters worse, Trent is getting married and wants Rachel to work as security, but as part of the wedding party. There also seems to be a bit of a demon problem and Rachel's roommate appears to be mad at her. Rachel has her work cut out for her in this book.

This book was really exciting. There were a lot of things going on but it never felt like too much. I really wanted to see things go well in Rachel's personal life and I was totally invested in figuring out what was going on with the mystery. There were some really high points in the story but there were a few others that were heartbreaking. I love how much the characters have grown and evolved during the series and I really wanted to see things work out for them.

Marguerite Gavin does a fantastic job with the narration. I do find her to read at a faster pace than most narrators so I usually slow down the book a bit. Yes, I know that a lot of people speed up books while I am over here slowing things down but it is what it is. I love all of the voices that she uses for the characters and I thought that she added a lot of emotion into the reading. I think that her narration added to my overall enjoyment of the story.

I would recommend this series to others. I do think that this is a series that needs to be read in order since each book builds on the previous installments. I had a great time with this story and cannot wait to see what is in store for Rachel in the next installment. ( )
  Carolesrandomlife | Mar 19, 2021 |
Fun fluff, with some yelling at the characters involved on a regular basis. ( )
  wetdryvac | Mar 2, 2021 |
I'm rereading this to finish the series. I think I read the 7th book and stopped. I'm loving this series and wondering why on earth I ever stopped reading it.
This was tightly written. I have to admit that I never liked Kisten. Rachel has the worst taste in men full stop. Way to go Skimmer in handling Piscary. I didn't see that coming.
I also appreciate that the author is no longer referring to Asian people as 'oriental' and is staying away from negative stereotypes with marginalized characters. ( )
  LoisSusan | Dec 10, 2020 |
To the guy who knows that the rose is more beautiful with the thorns still on it.
Hammering my fist against the back of my closet wasn't one of my more pleasant dreams.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,095,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible