Yeats Selected Poetry by W. B. Yeats

Yeats Selected Poetry (edition 1980)

by W. B. Yeats (Author)

Member:Lorne16ha
Title:Yeats Selected Poetry
Authors:W. B. Yeats (Author)
Info:Pan Classics (1980), Edition: Later Printing, 232 pages

Work Information

Selected poetry {Jeffares edition} by W. B. Yeats

We “did” Yeats for A level, so I had two years of his wonderful sonorous verse searing its way into my head. You don’t have to agree with his patrician view of the world and his contempt for Irish nationalists to enjoy his magnificent sound and his comments on the human condition. Favourites: “The Song of Wandering Aengus”; “He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven”; “Towards Break of Day”; “We are blest by everything, everything we look upon is blest” from “A Dialogue of Self and Soul”; “Byzantium” with its wonderful incantatory images; “While on the shop and street I gazed My body of a sudden blazed” from “Vacillation”, and “Sleep, beloved, such a sleep” from “Lullaby”. Not included is his lovely “Prayer for My Son” which I traced online.
  PollyMoore3 | May 15, 2020 |
A good introduction to Yeats for the uninitiated. I found him a much more interesting poet than I had expected to. ( )
1 vote aulsmith | Feb 6, 2010 |
This edition includes an introduction and excellent end notes on places, hard words, intertextual references; a helpful title index follows. ( )
  jstuart | Feb 19, 2006 |

W. B. Yeatsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Jeffares, A. NormanEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

This is A. Norman Jeffares' edition of Yeats' Selected Poetry. Do not combine with other selections.

Legacy Library: William Butler Yeats

William Butler Yeats has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See William Butler Yeats's legacy profile.

See William Butler Yeats's author page.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,678,635 books! | Top bar: Always visible