Kim Novak badade aldrig i Genesarets sjö by…

Kim Novak badade aldrig i Genesarets sjö (original 1998; edition 2017)

by Håkan Nesser

341946,527 (3.79)5
Member:Anselme
Title:Kim Novak badade aldrig i Genesarets sjö
Authors:Håkan Nesser
Info:Stockholm : Bonnier pocket, 2017
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Entwicklungsroman, Abenteuer

A Summer with Kim Novak by Håkan Nesser (1998)

Dutch (3)  English (2)  Swedish (2)  Norwegian (1)  German (1)  All languages (9)
Cancer-Treblinka-Love-Fuck-Death: “The Summer of Kim Novak” by Håkan Nesser "After my father had suggested that we might spend the summer together, I realized I didn't actually know anything about him. I knew what everyone knew: his father read girlie mags, and he was born with six toes on each foot.”

In “The Summer of Kim Novak” by Håkan Nesser

The first time I discovered Scandinavian Crime Fiction was when I bought 3 books in German (that’s why I always associate Scandinavian fiction with German) at an airport book-stand. What did I buy? 3 novels by Mankell, Nesser and Indridason (see pictures on my blog regarding my German library; mind you, it's just a taste...). Those were my first loves. Before that I’d only Hamsun in English (“Hunger”). I still remember a very heated discussion at the British Council with a fellow student concerning Hamsun and his Nazi sympathies. I read Hunger when I was very young and going through my existentialist phase in life. I thought at the time it was quite a brilliant book, the translation was masterful and I thoroughly enjoyed it at the time. It still is.

You can find the rest of my love for Scandinavian (Crime) Fiction, in the usual place (my blog). ( )
  antao | Dec 10, 2016 |

Håkan Nesserprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bjørnson, ElisabethTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sybesma, EdithTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Das, was ich jetzt berichten will, soll von dem SCHRECKLICHEN handeln, natürlich soll es davon handeln, aber auch von ein paar anderen Dingen.

Fourteen-year old Erik and his friend Edmund spend their summer vacation in 1962 by a Swedish lake, daydreaming about Ewa, a young teacher who looks just like actress Kim Novak. When Ewa's fiance is found dead, Erik's brother is the prime suspect at first, but the actual killer is never found. Twenty-five years later, when Erik happens to come across an article about unsolved crimes, he is overwhelmed by memories about that summer. What really happened back then? And why was Ewa's fiance murdered?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,189,122 books! | Top bar: Always visible