The Color Kittens (A Little Golden Book) by…

The Color Kittens (A Little Golden Book) (edition 2003)

by Margaret Wise Brown (Author)

While the color kittens are trying to make green paint, their mixing leads to pink, orange, and purple.
Member:dmcgough
Title:The Color Kittens (A Little Golden Book)
Authors:Margaret Wise Brown (Author)
Info:Golden Books (2003), Edition: Illustrated, 24 pages

The Color Kittens by Margaret Wise Brown

The kittens have buckets of paint, which they are mixing on their quest to find green, and make “all the colors in the world.” I bought this because I remembered it very fondly from my own childhood. It’s a very endearing story, with lots of details and little poems.

"Sing Ho for the color of Brush
Sing Ho for the color of Hush
Sing Ho for the color of Brush and Hush
Sing Ho for the color of color
Now hush!"

https://www.storybookcat.com/2020/07/review-color-kittens.html ( )
  StorybookCat | Jul 15, 2020 |
Read in [b:Story Land: 40 Of The Best Little Golden Books Ever Published|1786505|Story Land 40 Of The Best Little Golden Books Ever Published|Golden Press|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1188336040s/1786505.jpg|1785397]. After reading other reviews, I think the pictures some of them see are different from these. At least, I think, I'm missing at least one. The kittens here are neither blitzed" or manic, and there's not island with large bread and small huts.

but it's still a surreal creation myth with wonderful poetry. I love it and wish I'd known it when I was a kid, or when my sons were little.

"Purple as violets
Purple as plums
Purple as shadows
On late afternoons."" ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
This is one of the earliest books I remember having read to me. It tells the story of two color-loving kittens who mix various colors to make new colors. I don't know why I found it so fascinating. I enjoyed the colorful fantasy worlds the kittens created with their new colors. ( )
  aleader | Jan 24, 2014 |
Need I say anything to defend this book's rating? I think not. An American classic. ( )
  jeremyfarnumlane | Apr 3, 2013 |
This book shows a fun way for children to learn about the colors and the color wheel. The kittens mix the different colors of paint to make other colors and then dream about a world where everything was different colors. It provokes the imagination while being educational as well.
  eggiovanetti | Feb 3, 2010 |

Margaret Wise Brownprimary authorall editionscalculated
Provensen, AliceIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Provensen, MartinIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Knutsson, GöstaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,426,393 books! | Top bar: Always visible