My Pancreas Broke, But My Life Got Better by…

My Pancreas Broke, But My Life Got Better

by Kabi Nagata (Author), Kabi Nagata (Illustrator), Jocelyne Allen (Translator)

The latest diary manga from the Harvey Award-winning creator of My Lesbian Experience With Loneliness and My Wandering Warrior Existence. In this new autobiographical manga following My Wandering Warrior Existence, Nagata Kabi has quit drinking in an attempt to get healthier-or she's trying to, anyway. Her former struggles with alcohol led to pancreatitis and a serious hospitalization, and now she has no choice but to give up drinking. Follow the author as she details the quest to improve her health during a global pandemic.… (more)
Member:villemezbrown
Title:My Pancreas Broke, But My Life Got Better
Authors:Kabi Nagata (Author)
Other authors:Kabi Nagata (Illustrator), Jocelyne Allen (Translator)
Info:Seven Seas (2023), 160 pages
Collections:Read but unowned, Rod read
Rating:**
Tags:graphic novels, nonfiction, autobiographies, diaries, lesbians, LGBTQ+, depression, anxiety, hospitalization, alcohol, substance abuse, drinking problems, Japan, alcoholism, alcohol abuse, comic book artists, comic book writers, mangaka, pancreatitis, fatty liver, mental health issues, thirtysomething, parents and children, twentysomething, 2010s, 2020s, eating disorders, COVID-19, pandemics, sobriety

Work Information

My Pancreas Broke, But My Life Got Better (My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness) by Kabi Nagata

I find Kabi Nagata's books terribly frustrating to read. I just keep wanting to yell at her to stop doing what she's doing as I turn page after page of bad decisions.

I'll keep reading her books, because who can turn away from such a trainwreck, but they are hell on my blood pressure. ( )
  villemezbrown | Apr 2, 2024 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,764,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible