Diario (Italian Edition) by Anne Frank

Diario (Italian Edition) (original 1947; edition 2000)

by Anne Frank (Author)

Journal of a Jewish teenager describes the joys and torments of daily life and typical adolescent thoughts throughout two years spent in hiding with her family during the Nazi occupation of Holland.
Member:casa_zanin
Title:Diario (Italian Edition)
Authors:Anne Frank (Author)
Info:Einaudi (2000)

Work Information

The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (1947)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (kidzlitsmc, mihmb, alalba, PghDragonMan, l_rigsby)
    kidzlitsmc: this story of a German hiding a Jew and not a Jew being hidden helps you to understand that it wasn't just hard for Jews.
    PghDragonMan: Both side of hiding during the Holocaust
    Night by Elie Wiesel (jmarsico)
    Anne Frank House: A Museum with a Story by Anne Frank Stichting (JqnOC)
    We Are Witnesses: Five Diaries Of Teenagers Who Died In The Holocaust by Jacob Boas (MerryMary, gangleri)
    MerryMary: Puts Anne in perspective with four others of her generation in similar circumstances.
    A Hatred for Tulips by Richard Lourie (khuggard)
    khuggard: a fictional story about a young boy who reveals the hiding place of Anne Frank and her family.
    An Interrupted Life: The Diaries of Etty Hillesum 1941-43 by Etty Hillesum (christiguc)
    The Diary of Anne Frank: A Play in Two Acts by Frances Goodrich (Marie.Veliz)
    The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne (JqnOC)
    Mooie-zinnenboek by Anne Frank (guurtjesboekenkast)
    Parable of the Sower by Octavia E. Butler (amberwitch)
    amberwitch: Both told as diaries written by young women growing up 'under siege'.
    The Diary of Dawid Sierakowiak. Five Notebooks from the Lodz Ghetto by Dawid Sierakowiak (bluepiano)
    bluepiano: Another diary kept by a Jewish teenager under Nazi occupation. Sierakowiak is remarkably intelligent and level-headed and he is starving.
    The Upstairs Room by Johanna Reiss (bookel)
    The Journal of Hélène Berr by Hélène Berr (guurtjesboekenkast)
    guurtjesboekenkast: Zowel Hélène Berr als Anne Frank zijn Joods en hebben een dagboek tijdens de oorlog geschreven. In 1945 zijn zij allebei aan tyfus overleden in het Duitse concentratiekamp Bergen-Belsen.
    Mist in augustus by Robert Domes (gangleri)
    gangleri: The right to live, the right to freedom are the most basic rights. « Nebel im August » (a book written in German) is about the live of Ernst Lossa whom was not granted this right either. The book is written in a very lyrical style, it illustrates that we have more in common then we are aware and reminds us what is really important.… (more)
    Victor Kugler: The Man Who Hid Anne Frank by Rick Kardonne (maryanntherese)
    maryanntherese: A biography of the man who orchestrated the Secret Annex.
    Grace in the Wilderness: After the Liberation 1945-1948 by Aranka Siegal (juniperSun)
    juniperSun: Both deal with young Jewish teen girls in WWII, similar feelings.
    Charlotte Salomon. Leben? Oder Theater? by Edward van Voolen (JuliaMaria)
    JuliaMaria: Zwei junge Frauen, die versuchen dem Grauen schreibend bzw. malend zu entkommen.
    In My Hands: Memories of a Holocaust Rescuer by Irene Gut Opdyke (meggyweg)
    East West Street by Philippe Sands (shaunie)
    Anne Frank's Tales from the Secret Annex by Anne Frank (Cecrow)
    Cecrow: Fiction written by Anne Frank while in hiding.

1940s (4)
Elevenses (105)
Europe (27)
. (3)

English (429)  Spanish (13)  Italian (12)  German (6)  Dutch (6)  Catalan (4)  Swedish (2)  Portuguese (Portugal) (2)  Portuguese (1)  Czech (1)  Latvian (1)  Hungarian (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Turkish (1)  French (1)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (482)
I read this book in elementary school. It was the first time I had heard of the holocaust. I’m a senior now and just reread it. Of course you know the story. Being older I can see how Anne has grown up in this story. Amazing I didn’t remember how she decided she didn’t like her Mother when I read it growing up. Still a very heartbreaking book none the less. A true classic. ( )
  Leessa | Sep 3, 2022 |
This is an unbelievable and beautiful account of life in war. I read the book on the dates prescribed. As one reads the diary it is easy to see this young girl go through the trials of maturing while trying to stand her circumsatance. Anne Frank's voice reaches to us to this day and will always be relevant as a triumph of humanity. ( )
  caseybp | Aug 5, 2022 |
Cómo alguien tan chico puede escribir también. Mejor de lo que me acordaba. ( )
  Alvaritogn | Jul 1, 2022 |
This book cannot be rated. I gave it 5 stars but that was just to put something there.
Its a document of a girls life during WWII in a land occupied by Nazi-Germany.

She didnt write this book to make money,she didnt write it for the fame of it.It was her private diary for her eyes only.

Its her innermost feelings and thoughts put down in words.Read it for what it is,but it cant be measured in normal standards.

But that is just my opinion. ( )
  Litrvixen | Jun 23, 2022 |
It is a truly remarkable book. Its revelation of the emotional turmoil and intellectual growth of an adolescent girl during extraordinarily difficult circumstances is psychologically fascinating. Its portrayal of ordinary people under frightful nervous strain and perpetual forced intimacy is wise and perceptive. Anne was precociously mature in her understanding of both herself and of others.

Anne Frank's diary is too tenderly intimate a book to be frozen with the label "classic," and yet no lesser designation serves... But her book is not a classic to be left on the library shelf. It is a warm and stirring confession, to be read over and over for insight and enjoyment.
added by Shortride | editThe New York Times Book Review, Meyer Levin (pay site) (Jun 15, 1952)

Frank, Anneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Stevens, GeorgePrefacesecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vita, ArrigoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

Has the adaptation

Is an abridged version of

Is abridged in

Inspired

Has as a reference guide/companion

Has as a study

Has as a commentary on the text

Has as a student's study guide

Has as a teacher's guide

I hope I shall be able to confide in you completely, as I have never been able to do in anyone before, and I hope that you will be a great support and comfort to me.
Foreword: Anne Frank kept a diary from June 12, 1942, to August 1, 1944.
[ Comment Added by Anne on September 28, 1942:]
So far you truly have been a great source of comfort to me, and so has Kitty, whom I now write to regularly.
I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
There are several distinct versions of Anne Frank's Diary. Please be careful when combining and separating.

The Definitive Editions and the Revised Critical Editions should not be combined with each other or with this group of editions.
This edition of Anne's diary is not a definitive version. Please combine only with older editions.

Il "Diario" della ragazzina ebrea che a tredici anni racconta gli orrori del Nazismo torna in una nuova edizione integrale, curata da Otto Frank e Mirjam Pressler, e nella versione italiana da Frediano Sessi, con la traduzione di Laura Pignatti e la prefazione dell'edizione del 1964 di Natalia Ginzburg. Frediano Sessi ricostruisce in appendice gli ultimi mesi della vita di Anna e della sorella Margot, sulla base delle testimonianze e documenti raccolti in questi anni.
(piopas)

3 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0140264736, 0141315199, 0141336676

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 177,191,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible