The Spy Coast: A Thriller (The Martini Club)…

The Spy Coast: A Thriller (The Martini Club) (edition 2023)

by Tess Gerritsen (Author)

Series: The Martini Club (1)

When a body turns up in her driveway, former spy Maggie Bird, forced into retirement after a mission went tragically wrong, turns to her "Martini Club" of former spies to help her uncover the truth about who is trying to kill her, and why.
Member:jbertot
Title:The Spy Coast: A Thriller (The Martini Club)
Authors:Tess Gerritsen (Author)
Info:Thomas & Mercer (2023), 363 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Rating:*****
Tags:Thriller

Work Information

The Spy Coast by Tess Gerritsen

A book from my favorite niche mystery genre, which is group of retired people solve mysteries and avoid being killed. It felt like the perfect combination of the Thursday Murder Club and Killers of a Certain age... and I found myself really loving this story. I do feel like the story moved a tad to slowly at the beginning and it took me a while to become engaged with the story, but once I was hooked I did not want to put the story down. I found the flashbacks tasteful and fit well within the context of where the story was. All in all a great story! ( )
  clougreen | May 17, 2024 |
I enjoyed this story of retired spies and lots of intrigue. I felt it was a little slow in the first chapters but I had a hard time putting the book down by the middle of the book. I loved Maggie and her friends in the Martini Club. I liked Jo. I enjoyed the action. ( )
  Virginia51 | Apr 18, 2024 |
I am a sucker for the "former spy now retired and living a peaceful, quiet life but pulled back into a part of her life she thought she had left behind" genre. ( )
  drthubbie | Apr 8, 2024 |
A group of ex-CIA agents have retired to a small community in Maine, where they live quietly as regular citizens, until someone comes looking for one member, Maggie Porter. She is threatened and has to go into hiding in order to find the people from her past who are after her. Parts of the plot are interesting and the ending gets exciting, but Maggie doesn't have a very dynamic personality and spends a lot of time dwelling on the past and bemoaning getting older. This is nowhere near as interesting a series as the Thursday Murder Club. ( )
  terran | Apr 7, 2024 |
Old CIA agents are being hunted ( )
  Rosemary1973 | Mar 26, 2024 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,727,798 books! | Top bar: Always visible