Lost and Found (2023)

by Suzanne Woods Fisher

"If Trudy Yoder can stop construction at Wonder Lake, she'll save the bird sanctuary. Even better, she'll keep her beloved Micah Weaver from leaving town to find new birds to chase. What Trudy doesn't know is that Micah is already on a chase to find the girl who broke his heart--Trudy's estranged sister, Shelley"--… (more)

Another delightful tale that entertains as well as inspires with its deeper meanings. I was glad to revisit the Stoney Ridge community and some of my favorite characters, as they feel like old friends. It was nice to see the subject of mental illness touched on and the importance of seeking help. It is sad how it tends to be swept under the rug and not talked about as it’s not something to be ashamed of. Micah is a complex character who seems judgmental of others and their quirks but wants to be accepted even though he struggles with stuttering. It was nice to see him grow and realize what has been in front of him all along. Trudy is my favorite with her kind, easygoing ways she tends to be overlooked but as she grows she develops and finds her voice. I was delighted birding is included as I love feeding and watching the birds and the pages from the birding log were very interesting to read. I liked the discussion questions at the end which would make this a great book club read.
I was blessed to win my copy from a blog. The honest review and opinions are my own and were not required. ( )
  Lucy_M_Reynolds | Jan 6, 2024 |
Another great book by Suzanne Woods Fisher! It's an Amish fiction book with a twist. There's drama between Amish communities, a rift in a family, broken hearts, and a realization of love!

The characters are relatable and easy to like! Trudy is wonderful! She's full of passion. She is devoted to her family and faithful. David is a wise leader. He sees things that others don't, and he's humble. Shelley is an important character. She suffers from mental illness and needs the support of her church and family.

Suzanne always has a character that deals with a heavy issue. I like that because everyone is dealing with something, and it's not a sign of weakness or sin. Faith in God is prevalent throughout the book, and it's encouraging and refreshing! ( )
  Sassyjd32 | Dec 22, 2023 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Sweet story --
  KellyAnn14 | Nov 7, 2023 |
While not technically part of a series, Lost and Found takes place in the same quaint Amish community as A Season on the Wind and Anything But Plain. So while it can easily read as a stand alone, it's nice to see characters from novels past. In Lost and Found, Micah and Trudy discover that their beloved pond filled with birds (they are avid bird watchers) is about to be bulldozed to make way for a neighboring Amish Church. They are about to lose their livelihood and a big piece of their community. On top of that, Trudy's older sister has started leaving voicemails for Micah asking him to rescue her. She ran away a while back to become a singer and no one has heard from her since. He's determined to somehow save her himself, rather than let the Bishop or her family know. Micah has so much on his plate he can't even begin to focus on trying to save Wonder Lake. He's irritable and unable to focus on anything, not even birding and especially not on Trudy. Wholesome, sweet with a side of intrigue. Can't go wrong with Amish romance! ( )
  ecataldi | Oct 30, 2023 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Lost and Found by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Though Micah enjoys birdwatching with Trudy, it's her older sister, Shelley that he cares for. That is until she goes running in persue of her singing career in Nashville. And now Trudy is hoping Micah is open to a relationship with her now that she is in Stoney Ridge. But it doesn't exactly work out that way since Micah is leaving the Amish community in Stoney Ridge.

Another amazing book by one of my favorite author's, Suzanne Woods Fisher. I love the bird lllwatching Trudy is involved in. The information on birds and bird watching is amazing to have on hand. This beautiful book will stay with me on my coffee for a while.
There was some good romance that made its way in the book. Micah Weaver was hoping to see the girl who dumped him since her sister Trudy was here. Trudy had other thoughts. She was hoping Micah would notice her now that they were living in Stoney Ridge. Oh what a tangled web we weave. This is sure a book worth read so you can find out what happens to these couples. If you enjoy food clean Amish romance, Lost and Found by Suzanne Woods Fisher may just be the book you need and want. ( )
  ibjoy1953 | Oct 25, 2023 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Suzanne Woods Fisher's book Lost and Found was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,714,031 books! | Top bar: Always visible