A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book (2007)

by Frank Warren

Series: PostSecret

"For the past three years Frank Warren has invited people of all backgrounds and nationalities to send him creatively decorated postcards bearing secrets they have never before revealed. He has shared these PostSecrets on his award-winning blog, PostSecret.com, in an internationally traveling art exhibit, and in three electrifying books: the bestselling PostSecret, My Secret, and The Secret Lives of Men and Women." "Now, in his most extraordinary book yet, Warren again delves into our collective confessions, presenting a never-before-seen selection of provocative and moving PostSecrets. A Lifetime of Secrets lays bare our private fears, hopes, regrets, and desires, from people as young as eight and as old as eighty. From painful admissions of infidelity to breathtaking revelations and endearing sentiments, Warren's latest collection will shock and move readers of every age, revealing secrets that have haunted their creators for a lifetime."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Provoking fo thoughts and feelings... ( )
  Brightman | Feb 21, 2019 |
This book made me cry.

I'm so sorry. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
A brief window into people's lives, Post Secret collections are very interesting. ( )
  m_mozeleski | May 13, 2018 |
Powerful, beautiful, honest... ( )
  GreenLightGirl | Feb 5, 2016 |
I was so entranced by the review in the "non-tags" section, I knew I had to read this. I am so glad I did, and Grateful to the person who reviewed it.

This book evolved out of an art installation...Frank would hand out postcards during talks and ask people to write their secrets on them. Then they would pass them around and volunteer to read the one that had come their way.

The secrets people shared made me think, believe, remember, feel, empathize, cry, and Thank Creator for my life.

There is no explanation, you have to read this for yourself....it just might change your life.

Excerpts:

**"I am editor for a large online atheist newsletter....and I believe in God"

** "I am looking for a Dare-to-Be-Great situation. (i really hope i find it. i NEED to find it)"

** "When i was 18, I baptized my dog in my living room"

**"In order to function in society I have to be kept sedated ...like some kind of wild animal"

** "I leave encouraging notes in open lockers"

** "I LIED it never came out negative I just didn't want both of us worrying"

** "YOU ARE WHAT I NEVER KNEW I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR"

** "STOP TELLING PEOPLE YOU 'BUILD' YOUR OWN FURNITURE! YOU BUY. Then Assemble. There's NO building!"

** "I skip class to drive around my old neighborhood and pretend I still live there and that I'm happy"

** WHENEVER I MAKE YOU A CD ILL HIDE 1 SONG THAT SAYS HOW I REALLY FEEL ABOUT YOU"

** "It's taken over 20 years but I finally figured it out.... I'm really cute & I deserve someone who sees that... & it was worth the wait"

** "I wish I could interview your ex-wife and find out why she left. And see if they are the same reasons why I have considered leaving"

** "I'm finally on my way to becoming everything I've always wanted to be, especially MYSELF!"

I hope you'll consider reading this book.....
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

To my mother and father
I love him. He loves her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,485,512 books! | Top bar: Always visible