A Donnybrook Affair

by Robert E. Kearns

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was a fast paced story that I enjoyed. I never got to know the PIs girlfriend. There should have been a little more there. However, I do recommend the book, an easy read and a good plot line. The story kept me engaged for sure. ( )
  spolar999 | Jan 23, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I am not a fan of hard-boiled or noir, so this was not really to my taste. However, the plot sounded intriguing so I decided to try it. There was way too much verbiage and description that added nothing to the story. I got bogged down in all this right at the outset of the book. I wish the author had just gotten to the point and I might have liked the book better. I just did not want to wade through all that description, even though that style of writing might be similar to traditional hard-boiled detective stories.
1 vote LadyoftheLodge | Jan 16, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Won this through Early Reviewers. This was a well written, homage to the hardboiled private eye noirs of the 40's and 50's. I enjoyed this book as I enjoy those types of stories. The story was good if a little familiar but the twists and turns were fun. If anything it seemed a little under done, can't quite put my finger on it but just a little short, but i still enjoyed it and would read more.
  hredwards | Nov 20, 2023 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Reminiscent of the Private Eye books from my childhood (a few years ago) but well written for all that. Well worth the effort of opening that first page and reading on to the finish. ( )
  Dadonator1 | Nov 19, 2023 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This was very well written, but not my taste. ( )
  ReneeGreen | Oct 31, 2023 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Robert E. Kearns's book A Donnybrook Affair was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Robert E. Kearns is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,430,288 books! | Top bar: Always visible