Eugene J. McGillicuddy's Alien Detective Agency

by George Allen Miller

13101,523,207 (3.75)1 / 4
Eugene Jack McGillicuddy has the psychic ability to answer any question asked to him and he wants it kept a secret. In order to hide his gift he's decided to work in the one profession tasked with answering tough questions: private detective. But alien ambassadors in the Galactic Congress have learned of his power and blackmail Jack to find an ancient artifact hidden on Earth. After his gift only gives him vague answers, he traverses the galaxy looking for clues and discovers the artifact grants godlike powers that could destroy the cosmos. With help from his accidentally sentient AI partner Eddie, dinosaur diplomat Kah, and genius, not-at-all-a-secretary Alice, Jack must embrace the profession he never wanted, stay one step ahead of the ambassadors, and somehow rescue the entire universe.… (more)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Eugene J. McGillicuddy's Alien Detective Agency is a futuristic sci fi novel that is fast paced and engaging. George Allen Miller's descriptions makes you feel like you're in a familiar city that has been transformed by alien species. ( )
  HawaiiAnna | Jan 21, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I like hardboiled detective stories and science fiction, and this is a good rollicking mix of them. The ending cliffhanger is perhaps a bit annoying, but only until a second book comes in the series. Highly recommended! ( )
  ryan.adams | Oct 22, 2023 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
*I received this book in exchange for an honest review* It took me a chapter or two to get into this book but once I did, I loved it! I was excited to read many nights. The first chapter and the last two chapters needed a bit more editing. The front part of the book is so overly diagnostic that it feels as if the author is just throwing adjectives at the wall. The last part has several repeats in sentences so I would not say it's ready for publication. While the characters are simple, I enjoyed the fun the author had in describing the different worlds, the self actualization of the protagonist, and the futility one can feel with advanced technology and knowledge. If you're looking for an easy, fun detective story that's not so great being a detective story, I would pick this ( )
  QueenAlyss | Oct 22, 2023 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
A fun read! Euguene has a gift; he can answer any question that is asked of him. He is assigned a case to find an ancient cave that has answers mankind isn't ready for. On the way, he has to rescue an AI, and fight off various alien species.

This book was humorous and fun to read. There are a colorful cast of characters, and the world Euguene lives in sounds hectic and weird. I hope there are sequels. ( )
  lesindy | Oct 13, 2023 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a fascinating book with so much going on. I’m afraid it was too much for me but for the right audience, this will be a big hit. ( )
  dianeham | Oct 5, 2023 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

George Allen Miller's book Eugene J. McGillicuddy's Alien Detective Agency was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,750,091 books! | Top bar: Always visible