Weird Virginia by Jeff Bahr

Weird Virginia (edition 2007)

by Jeff Bahr, Troy Taylor, Loren Coleman, Mark Sceurman (Foreword), Mark Moran (Foreword)

Member:xydexx
Title:Weird Virginia
Authors:Jeff Bahr
Other authors:Troy Taylor, Loren Coleman, Mark Sceurman (Foreword), Mark Moran (Foreword)
Info:Sterling (2007), Hardcover, 256 pages
Tags:weird

Weird Virginia by Jeff Bahr (Author)

Wide variety of "weird" things discussed. From ghost stories to road side attractions and urban legends and UFO sightings. Was well written over all and covered a variety of topics. Good way to pass some time if you just are looking for something to read. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jul 3, 2018 |
Your travel guide to Virginia's Local Legends and best kept secrets
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
Usually I love this kind of "off the beaten path" stuff, and many entries were odd enough; but much of the time the author had to work really really hard to make a case for weirdness. Let's face it, the Old Dominion is pretty mainstream after all. ....Q: How many Virginians does it take to change a light bulb? A: At least three; one to change the bulb, and two more to sit around talking about what a good ol' bulb the old bulb was." Check it out from the library, or better yet, read it in the bookstore. ( )
  rpillow | Mar 18, 2008 |
This is part of a series of "Weird" books which includes Michigan and Illinois. Check out the whole series and see if your favorite place is included.
I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. I am even considering buying it to have a copy around so that when the kids get older, we can road trip around the state, checking out the roadside oddities and landmarks. There were some things in the book that I already knew about (the Bunnyman, on which a character the movie "Donnie Darko" is loosely based), and lots that I didn't (the many quirky characters who reside, or once resided, in the Commonwealth). The authors thoroughly scoured the state for these stories, and did a fine job of presenting them. And thankfully, not all of them were lame ghost stories (though those are in there too). ( )
  bigdc | Aug 5, 2007 |

Bahr, JeffAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Coleman, LorenAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Taylor, TroyAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Moran, MarkForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sceurman, MarkForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,781,860 books! | Top bar: Always visible