Holy Bible: King James Version

Holy Bible: King James Version

Good Book: The Bizarre, Hilarious, Disturbing, Marvelous, and Inspiring Things I Learned When I Read Every Single Word of the Bible by David Plotz (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: An honest description of what the Bible actually says.
    NIV Holy Bible by Zondervan (witybe)
    witybe: I love reading the Holy Bible and the international version, it breaks words down more so you can understand. It offers me hope in a hopeless world, and’ that there is more to life than what we see or experience day to day; that there was, and still is a spiritual realm around us, which is God and His son Jesus, long before mankind was even created. The Bible informs us that we were created, and did not just appear or form here. It even gives us hope in our death if we believe. Directing us to what is good, and that there is goodness always present, and to what is evil, and why there is evil always present as well. The Holy Bible to me is the Spirit of God reaching down through an infinite expanse of time, using mankind; the prophets of old, touching generations of people, enlightening those who will hear and believe, so that they may help others who will receive and believe. Otherwise without the Holy Bible we all might have been agnostic and generations would have been oblivious about God. The Bible is a light in a very dark world’ that is relentlessly getting darker. Everyone should give it a read in their life rather you’re a believer or not. I give The Holy Bible five stars, nothing else on this planet offers such hope in life and death in this crazy world we live in.… (more)

English (98)  German (1)  All languages (99)
Peckham Family Bible with vital records listed in middle.
  lizlem | Dec 19, 2018 |
My childhood Bible. Not a lot of features in modern terms, but I loved poring over the maps in the back, and reading the glossary with all the unusual words defined. ( )
  shabacus | Jun 22, 2018 |
This is the most important book in the world. ( )
  peteblazewood | Oct 31, 2016 |
Basically a 'How-to guide to humanity (even though you're basically fucked because this crazy dude in the sky can't get his shit together)' written either by a bunch of really disagreeable dudes or one totally schizophrenic individual. Some cool stories with brave lions and also giants. ( )
  BradLacey | Jun 28, 2016 |
The Most Important Book In The World!!! ( )
  dayspring777 | Feb 22, 2016 |
For my children, their children, and all the generations to come

Caritas aeternum est

THE TRANSLATORS OF THE BIBLE,
wish Grace, Mercie, and Peace, through
IESVS
CHRIST our LORD.
"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
Bibliographical introduction. Mainly, no doubt, because of the predominance of French as the language of educated people in England from the time of the Norman Conquest until the middle of the fourteenth century, the Bible, as a whole, remained untranslated into English until the last years of the life of Wyclif.
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9
For God so loved ye world, that he gave his only begotten Sonne: that whosoever beleeveth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Various printings and bindings of the KJV have been combined here. This translation is also known as the "Authorized Version" (especially in the UK) and as the "Authorized King James Version". Please continue to combine any printing with the Old and New Testament texts only here. Please do not combine KJV editions that contain the Apocrypha with this work. Various "study editions" with extensive notes and aids should not be combined here. Please separate any that are here, and combine such editions as separate works.

This edition does not include the Apocrypha, which were included in the Authorized Version under the authority of King James.
This book contains the complete English text of the Holy Bible as translated under the authority of King James. Some unique features of this printing include a full color picture of Jesus teaching, the words of Jesus highlighted in red, and three full color maps. For reference, the book included a 125 page concordance plus tables explaining weights, money, and bibical measurements, a summary of all the books of the Bible, and an explanation of the languages used in the Bible.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0834003503, Imitation Leather)

It's great to have plenty of choices when a Bible that's easy on the eyes and the wallet is called for. All three of these editions feature 15.5-point type that is exceptionally crisp even under subdued lighting conditions. The Presentation Editions flexible, soft imitation leather binding makes it easy to hold and carry.

The Deluxe Edition is a classic "preacher's Bible." Bound in buttery-soft genuine leather, it is the prefect gift for holding in one's hand while delivering a sermon or teaching from the Scriptures. This edition fits the bill as a special gift for the preacher, evangelist or Bible college graduate.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:44 -0400)

Translated out of the original tongues, and with the former translations diligently compared and revised, by his Majesty's special command : appointed to be read in churches : authorized King James version.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,821,448 books! | Top bar: Always visible