The Holy Bible: King James Version (KJV)

by Richard Bancroft (Editor), KJV

9,320123654 (4.02)42
Enhance your time reading and exploring God's Word. Experience a whole new level of biblical study with Thomas Nelson's KJV UltraSlim(tm) Reference Bible. This Bible is filled with references and study aids to strengthen your Bible reading. Ideal for individual study, teaching, and ministry work, this trusted edition of the Holy Bible will enhance your time exploring the beauty and meaning of God's Word. Features include: Center-column references and notes page Bible book introductions In-text subject headings Self-pronouncing text Words of Jesus in red Concordance Full-color maps Part of the CLASSIC SERIES line of Thomas Nelson Bibles UltraSlim Reference Bibles sold to date: More than 2.7 million The King James Version - The most successful Bible translation in history with billions of copies published Thomas Nelson Bibles is giving back through the God's Word in Action program. Donating a portion of profits to World Vision, we are helping to eradicate poverty and preventable deaths among children. Learn more and discover what you can do at www.seegodswordinaction.com.… (more)
    Holy Bible - Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV) by Wartburg Project (lhungsbe, lhungsbe, lhungsbe, lhungsbe, lhungsbe, divinepeacelutheran)
    lhungsbe: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.
    divinepeacelutheran: My go-to version of the Bible. No additions or deletions. Easy to read.
    Commentary on Song of Songs by John F. Brug (divinepeacerockwall)
    A Commentary on Romans 1-8 by David P. Kuske (divinepeacerockwall)
    Isaiah II: An Exposition of Isaiah 40-66 by August Pieper (divinepeacerockwall)
    A Commentary on Romans 9-16 by David P. Kuske (divinepeacerockwall)
    A Commentary on Psalms 73-150 by John F. Brug (divinepeacerockwall)
    A Commentary on Genesis 1-11 by Carl J. Lawrenz (divinepeacerockwall)
    A Commentary on Psalms 1-72 by John F. Brug (divinepeacerockwall)
    Ministers of Christ : 2 Corinthians by John P Meyer (divinepeacerockwall)
    A Commentary on Galatians and Paul's Rhapsody in Christ: A Commentary on Ephesians by John Philipp Koehler (divinepeacerockwall)
    Revelation: The Distant Triumph Song by Siegbert W. Becker (divinepeacerockwall)
    A Commentary on 1 & 2 Peter, Jude by David P. Kuske (divinepeacerockwall)
    2 Timothy : Be Strong by Irwin J. Habeck (divinepeacerockwall)
    Ephesians : Amazing Grace by Irwin J. Habeck (divinepeacerockwall)
    A Commentary on 1 & 2 Thessalonians by David P. Kuske (divinepeacerockwall)
    Holy Bible (New International Version) by International Bible Society (witybe)
    witybe: I love reading the Holy Bible and the international version, it breaks words down more so you can understand. It offers me hope in a hopeless world, and’ that there is more to life than what we see or experience day to day; that there was, and still is a spiritual realm around us, which is God and His son Jesus, long before mankind was even created. The Bible informs us that we were created, and did not just appear or form here. It even gives us hope in our death if we believe. Directing us to what is good, and that there is goodness always present, and to what is evil, and why there is evil always present as well. The Holy Bible to me is the Spirit of God reaching down through an infinite expanse of time, using mankind; the prophets of old, touching generations of people, enlightening those who will hear and believe, so that they may help others who will receive and believe. Otherwise without the Holy Bible we all might have been agnostic and generations would have been oblivious about God. The Bible is a light in a very dark world’ that is relentlessly getting darker. Everyone should give it a read in their life rather you’re a believer or not. I give The Holy Bible five stars, nothing else on this planet offers such hope in life and death in this crazy world we live in.… (more)
    Good Book: The Bizarre, Hilarious, Disturbing, Marvelous, and Inspiring Things I Learned When I Read Every Single Word of the Bible by David Plotz (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: An honest description of what the Bible actually says.

English (121)  German (1)  All languages (122)
It took me almost two years to finish the KJV Bible, but I finally did it! Now my wife and I are reading it together with a commentary study book. Lifelong reading. ( )
  JosephVanBuren | May 17, 2022 |
Bible with some study aids ( )
  MaryRachelSmith | Dec 5, 2021 |
This book is a difficult read.

I would classify it as an historical account in passing.

note: I in fact read the NKJV by Thomas Nelson publishers around 836pgs, non-red letter, black mock leather bound cover, not the one shown. The publishing date was recent also. ( )
  Arthur_Kennedy | Aug 8, 2021 |
Engraved with Peggy King
  wjvoss | May 29, 2021 |
Examples of exclusivity:
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God..." Romans 8:28.

Examples of importance of cowering to the Will of a powerful God.
"Wherefore, be ye not unwise but understanding what the will of the Lord is." Ephesians 5:17.

Examples of requiring impossibilities.
"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In everything give thanks; for, this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thes. 5:16-18.

Examples of collective calls. "And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also ye are called in one body." Col. 3:15.

Does this fill anyone with Grace?
  keylawk | Mar 15, 2021 |

No primary authorprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bancroft, RichardEditormain authorall editionsconfirmed