No Ordinary Man (Dangerous Men Book 11) by…

No Ordinary Man (Dangerous Men Book 11) (edition 2018)

by Suzanne Brockmann (Author)

He was the sexiest guy she'd ever met. And that was about all Jess Baxter knew about her newest tenant. Rob Carpenter was a master at dodging questions...and igniting her desires. With just one of his searing kisses, Jess was hotter than the Florida sun. Then the murders started - all women who looked like her. And the profile of the killer matched Rob... Was he an innocent victim - or had his burning kisses only been a smoke screen? One thing was certain: Rob Carpenter was no ordinary man.… (more)
Member:Okies
Title:No Ordinary Man (Dangerous Men Book 11)
Authors:Suzanne Brockmann (Author)
Info:Harlequin Special Releases (2018), Edition: Reissue, 256 pages
Rating:**1/2

Work Information

No Ordinary Man by Suzanne Brockmann

At chapter 5 of 19, I had to dive into Library Thing to find some word of encouragement as to why I should continue with this book from my fellow reading nuts.

The clumsy suggestion that the hero could also be the killer ... if we are expected to take that idea seriously! A Suzanne Brockmann! I think not.

Humour is the reason why I've read a dozen of her books. This novel has no humour - and that might be a feature of this series - it's my first for Dangerous Men. That's ok, that's not the problem.

The two leads are set up in an interesting way, and his mysteriousness works well.

Sadly, I don't think I'll get much further with this audiobook.

Narrator Betsy Bronson has a melodious caressing voice. Unfortunately my library only has one book read by her. ( )
  Okies | Jul 2, 2022 |
Ghahh, finally finished it - by skimming through. I like Suzanne Brockmann - I don't know if this was an early one or it just rubbed me the wrong way, but I've been attempting to read it off and on literally for years. The primary trope is of course overwhelming lust, and "if it's great sex it must be true love". Most of the other tropes I encountered while skimming were variations on lying to protect the other. Oh, and the author mis-presenting information to keep the twist at the end from being blindingly obvious. He's keeping secrets, is he the serial killer? He must leave her to protect her. This other guy is keeping secrets - oh, but he's FBI. And that one is immature and the other has his own problems and...ghahh. Our Heroine consists mostly of mother-love and lust for Our Hero - very little more to her, and she's the most complex character in the book. I couldn't just abandon the book, but I am _so_ glad I finally finished it so I can get rid of it. ( )
  jjmcgaffey | Nov 3, 2021 |
No ordinary man is an early book of Suzanne's. I liked this book, It is a suspense filled story that moves along at a good pace and keeps you reading to the end.

Jess Baxter is a divorced mother with a 6 year old daughter. She also happens to fit the description on a serial killers victims.

Needing money to help ends meet Jess finds herself renting an apartment to Rob Carpenter. As Jess finds herself attracted to the new tenant she also realizes he has secrets he isn't willing to share. As the FBI start closing in on the serial killer things start pointing to Rob.
  oldriverbooks | Mar 2, 2015 |
A fantastic mystery! I never knew from page to page where it was going to go. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Feb 4, 2015 |
There is a serial killer killing women that look a lot like Jess Baxter. It all started six months ago, the same time that Rob Carpenter came to the neighborhood.
Jess needs a new tenant and Rob a new place to live and so, Rob move into Jess apartment and things start to get steamy between the two but Jess, being a country singer, has a lot of attention focused on her: her neighbor Stan, that lives with his parents and is creepy, her ex-husband that is a drunk and obnoxious, the bartender from the bar where she plays and Rob and his friend Frank.
When the killer gets closer to her, Jess starts to suspect everyone, including Rob, even if she is falling in love with him. Things got worse when the only suspect turns out to be Rob...

I love Suzanne Brockmann and even when rereading one of her books I still feel the same way as if it was the first time. Mystery, suspense, some steamy scenes and voila, a good book to read. ( )
  Lost_Lenore | Mar 8, 2013 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

Bestselling Author Collection (Harlequin Intrigue - 1)
Dangerous Men (HI-365 - Apr 1996 # 16)

Has the adaptation

For Melanie and Jason, extraordinary kids
Her apartment building was not very hard to get into.

Renting out an apartment to a relative stranger is a dangerous enough proposition, but with a serial killer on the loose, a single mom finds herself curious about her new boarder's secrets and attracted to him as well. In NO ORDINARY MAN (3), Suzanne Brockmann tells a well-plotted story with a frightening array of suspects that will lead readers through a confusing maze.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,832,027 books! | Top bar: Always visible