Puck's Legacy by Katie Hall-May

Puck's Legacy (edition 2023)

by Katie Hall-May (Author)

652,679,248 (4.4)None

Work Information

Puck's Legacy by Katie Hall-May

Recently added byPritaa, Sammson, Seanyh, Roman_, Greenery, Stanloy

No tags

The well-drafted hook with a mysterious start is the driving force to keep you hooked with the initial chapter of this read.

No doubt its unique title will drive you to the book, but the storyline will keep you engaged, and you will relentlessly turn the pages to learn more about what happens next.
The story of a girl who is hopeless and bored with the unfavorable circumstances is the first captivating hook. But the later chapters would draft a fantasy-like, realistic world. This unique combination will take you deep into the book, and well-developed characters will carry the seamless storyline. I was on edge while reading the book and curious every minute to know what happened next.
The author has done a commendable job in drafting a storyline of its own kind to satisfy the urge of readers. You would definitely enjoy the read. ( )
  Pritaa | Oct 8, 2023 |
I’m not sure what I was expecting when I picked up Puck’s Legacy, but whatever it was, is not what I got. Holy guacamole, I got so much more.

The story started with a sad feeling, and I couldn't help but strike a bond with the protagonist. As I read on the lines blurred and it left me questioning everything.

It’s a haunting tale, and there was a definite air of tension that kept me on my toes.

This isn't a light read, as there are heavy themes, there were moments that made my heart ache. But that's what I loved about it. It was real, and unapologetically honest.

Puck’s Legacy was a mixed bag of emotions, sometimes light and sometimes dark, sometimes real and sometimes imagined. I loved it! it was challenging and tugged on my heart strings. If you're going to read this book, Just remember to keep the lights on. You know, just in case. ( )
  Sammson | Oct 7, 2023 |
This is my first book by this author, and the style alone captured my attention quickly. I love scripts, and I found it incredibly creative to write a novel in the style this is written in (broken up into acts with clear act progression and scenes instead of parts and chapters). It was very clever.

Another tick in the "cool style points" category was how the author broke the "fourth wall" in narration. The main character's authority on her life is almost blurred with her fuzzy lines on reality vs. fiction, which is true to the brand for the story.

This book is an excellent exploration of the fragility of identity when reality and truth falter, even if it was an unintended takeaway. I liked the mystery of what could possibly happen on the next page and the suspense of not knowing, not really, where reality and fiction separated.

The loop opened in the prologue closes in the epilogue, and the story is tidied up in a satisfying way but leaves you thinking of the story well after the book is closed. That's perfect for a book like this.

So, was I an audience member or a witness? Maybe the swallow knows.

Well done, very brilliant book! ( )
  Seanyh | Sep 28, 2023 |
This book starts with a really scary part and the writer tells a very detailed story that grabs your attention and makes you feel uneasy at the same time.

The story begins with a young woman who is bored and feeling hopeless. This sets the mood for the mysterious adventure that the readers are about to go on. From the start, you can see this isn't an ordinary story. Instead, it's like a journey that mixes the real world with fantasy. The author is really good at making you wonder and guess, and it gets harder to figure out when the story is make-believe and when it's real. ( )
  Greenery | Sep 21, 2023 |
Puck's Legacy by Katie Hall-May is a well-written book that grabs your attention right away. This author's work has a spine-tingling start that skillfully weaves a tale that both entraps and unsettles you as you get involved in the story. Beginning with a disenchanted young woman, an aura of despair surrounds her. This prepares the stage for you to embark on an intriguing voyage. It's clear from the start that this isn't an ordinary story. Rather, it is a story that combines truth with fiction. The author succeeds at arousing intrigue and fascination, blurring the line, and keeping you wondering what is really going on. A solid read and one worth looking into. ( )
  Stanloy | Sep 20, 2023 |

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,386,590 books! | Top bar: Always visible