Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7)…

Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7) (edition 2009)

by J. K. Rowling (Author)

8,965144564 (4.65)1 / 130
Collects the complete series that relates the adventures of young Harry Potter, who attends Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where he and others of his kind learn their craft.
Member:TarrynMansfield
Title:Harry Potter Paperback Box Set (Books 1-7)
Authors:J. K. Rowling (Author)
Info:Arthur A. Levine Books (2009), Edition: Slp, 4167 pages

The Complete Harry Potter Collection (Books 1-7) by J. K. Rowling

English (136)  German (5)  French (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (144)
Sorry. After the first book had to put the rest down. I don't mean to come off snobbish, but I personally found the writing not to my taste. My grandkids loved the books and I can see why; it was clearly written to their age group. I do read lots of fantasy and YA stuff, however the HP series was too fantastic. I am an avid sci fi fan who could not get into this. Again, my opinion only. ( )
  Pappy159 | Jan 4, 2020 |
"Bewitching"
  AAAO | Dec 7, 2019 |
An amazing story. The book series that got me into reading and into fantasy and magic and everything. If you haven’t read these books I don’t know why but everyone should read them. ( )
  katiebelfi | Nov 7, 2019 |
There are countless reviews about the HP book out there, so I'll try to be brief. After all, who hasn't read at least some of the books or seen the movies?

I began to read the books after watching the first movie because I loved it..and well, why deny it? Because everybody else was doing so. But I was ten years old and I had nothing to compare it with. After reading Harry Potter, I realized how different they are. The movies are OK, entertaining but nothing more. They lack the magic of the books.

Rowling prose is agile, fluent, easy to read yet beautiful and detailed enough. I've never read any other author who can balance both aspects so well without finishing with a bunch of flat characters and a too foreseeable plot. The history becomes darker and more dramatic with each book. Harry Potter would have not appealed to me so much to if there were seven Philosopher's Stone-like books. The characters matured, changed; the readers also did. It's the Harry Potter generation: kids who grew up with him.

Some people will say Rowliing can't write, that it's pure marketing. I'll answer that she must have done something right if she can keep me reading until 3AM (believe, it's not easy).
  ksenia.klykova | Oct 1, 2019 |
Re-reader! I was 11 when I first heard of Harry Potter. My dad had just bought me Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone DVD, a two-disc set. I was hooked and made him by me all the movies, a two-disc set only. When I entered high school, I realized I never read the books. Lucky for me all the books were available in my school's library. 7 books ... took me 9 days to read all 7, and it only took that long cause of school and chores and sleep LOL. The producers left me highly upset at all the things the movies did not show. All the rich detail or how they changed certain things I hated it. I am a huge fan of the movies but I love the books way more. I am re-reading all the books in the series, 4th time ... on book two as we speak. To those who have not read you need to catch up. This is probably the best series ever written that teaches you all of life’s lessons even though it’s a complete fantasy. You have love, loyalty, betrayal, jealousy, insecurities, heroism, anarchy, god-like worship (even though that someone isn’t and far from a god of any form), death, heart-break, danger, fun, excitement, and so many tests. The test of will, the test of faith, the test of love, the test of power ... This book has it all and I guarantee you to find a character you can relate to. Harry Potter is a book that has no age limit whether you’re 10 or 160 you will still get sucked in the world of wizards and muggles and the fabulous school called Hogwarts. The books are legendary and all I can say is that I am proud to call myself a Potter-head! Thank you JK Rowling for writing this amazing series and gifting us with the true meaning of love and friendship. Thanks to you I can say I know what it means to be a friend and I know what love is. ( )
  mlmopinions | May 29, 2019 |
On the descriptions page for this set, several of the descriptions are for other boxed sets than this. Some apply to the earlier boxed set which contains only the first four volumes, some are for audio books. Only the description which applies to the full seven volume set should be there. The other descriptions belong on other pages.

Brilliance and delightful exploration into the child within me, the man. My imagination breaths and every character, creature and creation is seen with clarity and in colour, magically, intuition and insightfulness is formed with each book and myself. Well crafted, well read and well remembered.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,534,200 books! | Top bar: Always visible