She's Not Sorry: A Psychological…

She's Not Sorry: A Psychological Thriller (edition 2024)

by Mary Kubica (Author)

Fiction. Suspense. Thriller. HTML:The sensational brand new thriller that BookTok is calling "absolutely A-M-A-Z-I-N-G" (@hollylovesbooks1519) and "impossible to put down" (@kurryreads), from the bestselling author of Local Woman Missing and Just the Nicest Couple
Everyone has secrets, but not everyone has remorse...
A terrible accident.
Meghan Michaels is trying to find balance between being a single mom and working full time as an ICU nurse, when a patient named Caitlin arrives in her ward with a traumatic brain injury. They say she jumped from a bridge and plunged over twenty feet to the train tracks below.
A shocking revelation.
When a witness comes forward with new details about Caitlin's fall, it calls everything they know into question. Was Caitlin actually pushed and if so, by whom and why?
No one is safe.
Meghan lets herself get close to Caitlin until she's deeply entangled in Caitlin's and her family's lives. Only when it's too late, does she realize that she and her daughter could be the next victims...
"A tense, compelling thriller with completely gasp-worthy twists." Nita Prose, #1 bestselling author of The Maid
Look for these other pulse-pounding thrillers by New York Times bestselling author Mary Kubica:
  • The Good Girl

Authors:Mary Kubica (Author)
    Info:Park Row (2024), Edition: Original, 336 pages

Work Information

She's Not Sorry by Mary Kubica

This is the first book I have read from this author, but it didn't take long for me to see how well she can write. The suspense is done so well it makes you feel like you are in the story, feeling everything along with the character. The type of paranoia that was built felt real. I was drawn into the story immediately.

Now, there were quite a few twists and turns throughout the story, some of which were a little easy to guess. I had some things figured out from the very beginning of the book. I do think there were some little red herrings that didn't work as well as they should have to throw off you suspicions. They only served as a distraction for a short time, but you knew they wouldn't amount to much.

I'm not sure how I feel about the ending. I don't think it quite lives up to the rest of the book, but at the same time, I'm not angry about it. I think I'm just slightly disappointed and I don't know why.

I might check out some of the author's other work, because I liked the writing style so much. But, I don't think this will become a new favorite of mine. ( )
      AshRaye | May 19, 2024 |
    Deftly plotted psychological thriller left me completely entertained.

Critical care nurse Meghan Michaels is a single, divorced mom living in a Chicago apartment, working hard, and trying to keep her teen daughter, Sienna, safe and happy. Meghan is assigned to a patient named Caitlin who has barely survived a fall from a pedestrian bridge. Was it suicide? Caitlin has horrific injuries and Meghan ends up growing personally involved by caring for her and interacting with Caitlin's parents.

Meanwhile, Meghan has concerns about getting to and from work when she hears that a stalker rapist is attacking women who live nearby. In the cold darkness of winter, while attending a divorced persons support group, Meghan meets an old acquaintance form high school and they become close confidants and friends.

But suddenly, things take a very strange turn. Someone says that Caitlin's fall might have been a push rather than a jump. Meghan's new friend disappears, and it seems was not telling her the truth. Sienna is hostile. And a secret is close to being exposed.

This had a lot of fun twists and revelations that kept me engaged throughout. Some I anticipated, but others took me by surprise, and I really liked the turn of events. Meghan was an interesting main character, flaws and all, but quite easy to relate to and understand her motives and actions. The details about her work as a nurse were accurate and, as a nurse myself, I appreciate that. Of course, some things were a bit unrealistic and conveniently coincidental, but I just went along with the ride.

I listened to the audiobook while reading along in the ARC e-book provided by the publisher and I totally enjoyed the experience. Definitely recommend to anyone who likes intricately plotted and perfectly paced suspense thrillers with an interesting and uncommon premise. ( )
      CelticLibrarian | May 12, 2024 |
    "She’s Not Sorry" delivers a gripping narrative of secrets and consequences, weaving together the lives of single mom and ICU nurse Meghan Michaels with the enigmatic Caitlin, whose traumatic brain injury hides a deeper mystery. As Meghan delves deeper, the line between ally and adversary blurs, culminating in a suspenseful climax that keeps readers guessing until the very end. With its well-drawn characters and intricate plot twists, "She’s Not Sorry" is a compelling read that will leave you questioning everything and everyone.

*Thanks to NetGalley for the review copy. ( )
      Mrsmommybooknerd | Apr 13, 2024 |
    Didn’t see all this coming.

She’s Not Sorry is multiple plot lines individually woven into one story. It’s the story of Meghan and Nat, long lost acquaintances from high school, of Meghan and Luke, co-workers in the ICU, of Meghan and Sienna, her sassy 16-year old, of Meghan and Caitlyn, the comatose patient Meghan has been charged with caring for, and Meghan and Ben, her ex-husband. Along with all of these subplots, there is a crazy man running around Chicago raping and now murdering women. The plot gets thicker half way through the book when the reader learns nothing is as it seems.

Mary Kubica has done a wonderful job keeping multiple balls in the air while spinning plates of deception at the same time. She leaves the doors open to all the characters so that the reader has no idea who to trust, including the protagonist. There are twists and unforeseen turns that will keep you guessing throughout and even the ending is left with a door slightly ajar - could there be a follow-up coming?

My first pass at Mary Kubica and I’m glad it was She’s Not Sorry. This psychological thriller will keep you turning the page. I must admit, I sort of sped read through the last few chapters to find out what was going to happen.

Thank you to NetGalley and Harlequin Trade Publishing for this advanced reader copy. My review is my own opinion and was not compensated monetarily. ( )
      LyndaWolters1 | Apr 3, 2024 |
    Can you really keep a secret or does someone else always know it too?

A divorced woman, an abused woman, and a woman in a coma.

Which one of those three will be the one saying that she’s not sorry?

We meet Meghan, a nurse in the ICU and divorced, Nat who is abused and who meets Morgan at a divorce support group, and we meet Caitlin, who was pushed off of a bridge and is now in a coma.

We get very detailed information about each character, but nothing that makes a connection to the three characters and nothing that is earth shattering about the storyline until fifty percent into the book.

But, once the fifty percent mark hits, the tension is heightened and you will be biting your nails.

Who could be behind all of the things happening, and how did Meghan get herself in the middle of it all?

Another good, but slow burn by Mary Kubica with an oh my goodness, unbelievable surprise. 4/5

Thank you to the publisher for a copy of this book. All opinions are my own. ( )
      SilversReviews | Apr 2, 2024 |

Everyone has secrets, but not everyone has remorse...
    A terrible accident.
    A shocking revelation.
    No one is safe.
    The Good Girl The Other Mrs. Local Woman Missing Just the Nicest Couple

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 205,879,603 books! | Top bar: Always visible