Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Reagan Diaries by Ronald Reagan

The Reagan Diaries (edition 2007)

by Ronald Reagan (Author)

Member:Jd_redford
Title:The Reagan Diaries
Authors:Ronald Reagan (Author)
Info:Harper (2007), Edition: 1st Edition, 784 pages

The Reagan Diaries by Ronald Reagan

My Father at 100 by Ron Reagan (gmicksmith)
    gmicksmith: Both of these works are very inwardly directed but there is a stark contrast between the father's account and the son's account of his father.

I'm not typically into politics or biographies, but I have to admit, I loved this. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
Maybe if I'd kept reading longer I would have gotten into this book, but it was just so unbelievably dull and boring... It's one of the few books I gave up on. I read quickly, but there are so many books I'd rather be reading. ( )
  KatKealy | Aug 27, 2016 |
**NOTE**
Ok, so I was already teary eyed when I got the RAK because that is so sweet. And I tried reallly hard to not open them yet so I could do it on camera. But I couldnt. This has been on my wishlist since it CAME OUT! I totally cried a little just now. Such an awesome RAK. I love it so much! I feel so blessed for all of my internet friends, I am just beside myself.
  BunnyCates | Jul 8, 2015 |
The book is an edited version of the daily diaries Reagan kept while he was president. They're short bullet entries. There are quite a few missed days; I guess that the editor did not believe them germane. The book showed the life of the most powerful person on the planet. His devotion to Nancy is remarkable. I was impressed at his response to the liberal press of the time--he seemed to hold no animosity, but rather viewed it as a contest: "I won that round" says he. Further, he seems to know when he had an impact with people...or not...and commented on same. His ups and downs with the Soviets show raw emotion and dedication to the people of both nations. The book shows that the RR who spoke to us on TV was for real. ( )
  buffalogr | Apr 17, 2015 |
A fantastic collection of the thoughts of arguably our greatest president in modern times. I was amazed at the difference, in every aspect, of what this man stood for and how he approached his job and what we currently have going on in Washington, D.C. It took me a while to read this because the diary entries were fairly chopped up and abbreviated in places, but it was definitely worth the read. I recommend this for anyone who appreciates what we once had in this country. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 15, 2014 |

Ronald Reaganprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brinkley, DouglasEditorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Nancy Reagan
When I was first asked to edit President Ronald Reagan's diaries, I was, of course, flattered and excited, not to mention terribly curious.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006087600X, Hardcover)

During his two terms as the fortieth president of the United States, Ronald Reagan kept a daily diary in which he recorded, by hand, his innermost thoughts and observations on the extraordinary, the historic, and the routine day-to-day occurrences of his presidency. Now, nearly two decades after he left office, this remarkable record—the only daily presidential diary in American history—is available for the first time.

Brought together in one volume and edited by historian Douglas Brinkley, The Reagan Diaries provides a striking insight into one of this nation's most important presidencies and sheds new light on the character of a true American leader. Whether he was in his White House residence study or aboard Air Force One, each night Reagan wrote about the events of his day, which often included his relationships with other world leaders Mikhail Gorbachev, Pope John Paul II, Mohammar al-Qaddafi, and Margaret Thatcher, among others, and the unforgettable moments that defined the era—from his first inauguration to the end of the Cold War, the Iran hostage crisis to John Hinckley Jr.'s assassination attempt.

The Reagan Diaries reveals more than just Reagan's political experiences: many entries are concerned with the president's private thoughts and feelings—his love and devotion for Nancy Reagan and their family, his belief in God and the power of prayer. Seldom before has the American public been given access to the unfiltered experiences and opinions of a president in his own words, from Reagan's description of near-drowning at the home of Hollywood friend Claudette Colbert to his determination to fight Fidel Castro at every turn and keep the Caribbean Sea from becoming a "Red Lake."

To read these diaries—filled with Reagan's trademark wit, sharp intelligence, and humor—is to gain a unique understanding of one of the most beloved occupants of the Oval Office in our nation's history.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:16 -0400)

During his two terms as the fortieth president of the United States, Ronald Reagan kept a daily diary in which he recorded, by hand, his innermost thoughts and observations on the extraordinary, the historic, and the routine day-to-day occurrences of his presidency. Whether he was in his White House residence study or aboard Air Force One, from his first inauguration to the end of the Cold War, each night Reagan wrote about the events of his day. Now, nearly two decades after he left office, this record--the only daily presidential diary in American history--is available for the first time. Brought together in one volume and edited by historian Douglas Brinkley, The Reagan Diaries provide insight into one of this nation's most important presidencies and sheds new light on the character of a true American leader.--From publisher description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,482,125 books! | Top bar: Always visible