Ramakrishna and His Disciples

by Christopher Isherwood

Excerpt: "This is the story of a phenomenon. I will begin by calling him simply that, rather than `holy man', `mystic', or `saint'; all emotive words with mixed associations which may attract some readers, repel others."

A Brilliant book about a great spiritual master. The relationships of Ramakrishna and his disciples, his simple yet profound style of teaching and highest level of existence of a yogi is beautifully presented in this book. Ramakrishna is not any other spiritual master. He is the one who gave Swami Vivekananda to the world. If yoga is popular in the US it is because of the work done by Swami Vivekananda. Ramakrishna gave us the Swamiji. This book tells us how Ramakrishna lived his life. The author is pristine and profound in his presentation.
  SajithBuvi | May 4, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 171,857,448 books! | Top bar: Always visible