Gifted Touch

by Melinda Metz

Series: Fingerprints (1)

Sometimes, when I touch things, words fill my head. Words that feel like thoughts--thoughts that are inside of me...but not mine.I'm starting to wonder if there's a reason for all the voices that tangle together in my mind. And if I'm right, then it's not my sanity I'm worried about--it's my life.

Rae has a good life, she has a great boyfriend and great friends, until she has a breakdown in the shcool cafeteria. After spending the summer in the hospital, Rae returns to school changed. Her friends are edgy around her, and her boyfriend dumped her, and she hears voices. While Rae trys to cope with her new life she makes new friends and realizes she really isn't crazy, someone is really out to kill her, and the voices she hears are real.

A fun, quick read with action, mystery and romance. Hard to put down. ( )
  Joybee | Mar 24, 2012 |
The concept was great but I didn't really like the book - at least not enough to want to read the rest of the series. I don't say it's not a good book, it probably is, but I couldn't relate to the characters and I couldn't get into the story as I wished. ( )
  ar1anna | Aug 10, 2011 |
Endearing characters and original (to my experience) premise. Catchy writing. Realistic set-up of characters and plot. ( )
  zsms | Aug 30, 2009 |
This book is action packed and really holds the reader's interest. The plot is unique and suspenseful. The characters are developed well, so the reader can connect with them and empathize with their situation. I think this is a great book for anyone who enjoys science fiction and a little bit of romance. It explores the themes of friendships, relationships, and self-discovery all the while intertwining danger and suspense into the story. ( )
  hvaluet | Mar 22, 2008 |
A great YA book that has realistic teenagers figuring out a huge problem. The whole series seems extremely realistic, making you wonder.... ( )
  scistarz | Jul 16, 2007 |

Belongs to Series

Melinda Metz is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,064,234 books! | Top bar: Always visible