dismiss

The Sacred History of Britain: Landscape, Myth and Power: The Forces that…

by Martin Palmer

In The Sacred History of Britain, Martin Palmer takes us on a journey of exploration to discover the unique features that make up the spiritual character of Britain and her people. This fascinating insight into the evolution of spiritual traditions reveals how myths, legends, beliefs and faiths have been as significant in our history as wars, kings and treaties. Taking a chronological approach the book uncovers faiths that have died, sacred cities and landscapes, and the astonishing period when Britain appears to have had no discernible faith. Martin Palmer explores the key episodes from Britain's sacred history including our own Cultural Revolution which was the English Reformation and the state of our faith today.… (more)

Fascinating book - everything viewed exclusively through Christian lenses, but thoroughly researched, and interesting conclusions drawn. ( )
  mont1ms | Apr 4, 2013 |
Palmer is a great writer who kept the history interesting and kept the pace of the book moving. I would recommend this to anyone who has an interest either in the history of religion or in the history of Britain. Secular history buffs won’t feel preached at and should enjoy a different perspective on British history.

For the rest of the review:
http://devourerofbooks.wordpress.com/2008/03/28/sacred-history-of-britain-book-r... ( )
1 vote DevourerOfBooks | Mar 28, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,005,240 books! | Top bar: Always visible