The East Wind by Storm Fredrickson

The East Wind (edition 2023)

by Storm Fredrickson (Author)

Member:daddywarbooks
Tags:history, military history, WW II, fiction, signed, read

Work Information

The East Wind by Storm Fredrickson

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is a must read! It’s a can’t put down type of book. So many plot twists and keeps you interested all the way through! Definitely recommend anyone curious about reading this book to go for it! ( )
  Tmscheurer | May 15, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The East Wind, by Storm Fredrickson, is a good, entertaining read. The book, which is a bit of a throw-back to the older, conventional WWII spy novels, is quite consistent with that genre. The characters and plot, although a bit under-developed at times, have enough plausibility to draw the reader forward through the story. (The tale is certainly not entirely plausible.) Some sections of the book are a bit slow and uneventful, and the end is a bit weak, but I found the overall premise to be original and thoughtful. ( )
  daddywarbooks | May 15, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Was a great read. I did not put it down. Recommend to all. ( )
  JillG1959 | May 15, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It was confusing at times to keep all the names mentioned straight, but as the story developed it began to draw you in more. Great job of weaving an entertaining story of courage an unexpected love into a historical setting ( )
  Crystal199 | May 6, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I read a lot of WWII. If my shelves were a plate, you would notice WWII is the entree. I just cannot consume enough of it. Admittedly it was the blurb that got me to request this from the LibraryThing Early Reviewer Program.

“The year is 1942. Robert Mann, a brilliant young American physicist of German birth, joins Allied Intelligence. When the assassination of a top Nazi official presents OSS and MI6 with a rare chance to penetrate the Third Reich, Robert volunteers.
His cover survives one nerve-racking encounter after another as he infiltrates Hitler's atom bomb program. Then comes the ultimate test: entry into the home of Effi Zell - wife of Christoph Zell - the man Robert is impersonating.”

Sounds like a banger. But it wasn't, for me. I realized at the end of it that I had not connected with these characters at all. Not with Effi, I could not even form a picture in my head of what she looked like. And definitely not with Robert. His dialog was just irritating to me, constantly mansplaining and chauvinistic. If he was modeled on 007, then that certainly came through. The writing is old school spy genre and somewhat spartan, compared to the more modern style of fiction. It just was not for me. ( )
  VictoriaPL | May 4, 2024 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Storm Fredrickson's book The East Wind was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,039,551 books! | Top bar: Always visible