Tarnished Pilgrim by Miranda Vilar Bailey

Collections:Your library (inactive)

Work Information

Tarnished Pilgrim by Miranda Vilar Bailey

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This short collection of personal reflections ends its search for identity at a healthy place, finding the essential in her journey. The prospector will not need to pan for long to find the nuggets of wisdom scattered herein. ( )
  Maurice_Frontz | May 29, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I’m always scared to read poetry books that are self-published.

So many poems just went over my head. They’d start out as one thing and end totally different. Leaving me to scratch my head and rereading to see if I missed anything. I didn’t.

Also, just because one uses a plethora of flowery, obscure words, it does not make a great (or even a good) poem. It just shows me you know how to use a thesaurus.

Tried way too hard to sound poetic but forgot about substance.

And “Appreciation,” that was just basic. Many poems throughout the years have done “thank you” poems much better. ( )
  JMSiperly | May 28, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It's hard to review poetry since everyone reads it so differently, but I really enjoyed this collection. Each piece was full of imagery and metaphor, which really let me find my own meaning and let the poems speak to me. It was a really enjoyable read.
  slandefani | May 15, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I just wanted to mention that I really like the cover art of the book. However, I noticed that it wasn't centered, so I thought it would be better if it was. Also, for the back cover, I suggest the author use a better portrait of herself. As for the poems, I must admit that I am not really into poetry, but there are some poems that I love and some that I don't understand. Unfortunately, This was the case, I couldn't find any poems that I enjoyed, but that doesn't mean they weren't good. It's just a matter of personal preference. ( )
  KaterynaArmenta | May 11, 2024 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received my book on May 10, 2024. Thank you!!! I read the poems three times. They are so haunting and beautiful. My favorite poem is "Rebel's Hymn." It's touched my soul. Thank you, Miranda. ( )
  BevFuller | May 10, 2024 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Miranda Vilar Bailey's book Tarnished Pilgrim was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Miranda Vilar Bailey is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,429,690 books! | Top bar: Always visible