Courting an Amish Bishop (Heart of the…

Courting an Amish Bishop (Heart of the Amish, 4) (edition 2024)

by Mindy Steele (Author)

642,629,655 (4.75)None
Member:fcplcataloger
Title:Courting an Amish Bishop (Heart of the Amish, 4)
Authors:Mindy Steele (Author)
Info:Barbour Pub Inc (2024), 256 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

Courting an Amish Bishop (Heart of the Amish, 4) by Mindy Steele

No tags

Courting an Amish Bishop by Mindy Steele is a sweet story. My attention was captured right away. I enjoyed getting to know Stella Schmucker and Bishop Simon Graber. Bishop Graber’s son, Michael added humor to the story. It was interesting learning about the various herbs and their uses. I can tell that the author did her research. Those struck down with this virulent strain of flu in Cherry Grove, Kentucky certainly needed Stella and her knowledge. I liked the fact that Stella and Simon were middle-aged (instead of a man and woman in their early twenties). There are life and faith lessons throughout the story. Courting an Amish Bishop is the fourth book in The Heart of the Amish series, but it can be read as a standalone. This was an enjoyable story to read. Courting an Amish Bishop is a heartwarming Amish tale with benevolent bishop, a pervasive sickness, healing herbs, a cliffside house, a nasty storm, and a close-knit community. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Apr 11, 2024 |
Wow! Practice makes perfect and this is a prime example. Mindy Steele's twelfth book is a captivating Amish story with a middle-aged midwife who believes in the healing power of herbs and a widowed Amish bishop VERY set in his ways. Dok Stella is resigned to never having her own family and Simon Graber carries grief like a mantle! How could they ever imagine a relationship...together?

This may be labeled Amish fiction, but it certainly isn't cookie-cutter Amish fiction. Courting an Amish Bishop reminds us that while the Amish aren't immune to problems, their pain is often hidden; they may not wear their hearts on their sleeves, but those hearts still love deeply. This poignant story shows us that love has no age limitations, second chances are possible, and healing can be found in unusual places and unorthodox ways. Grab a copy of Courting an Amish Bishop and be prepared to lose yourself in Cherry Grove and Walnut Ridge, Kentucky!

I received a complimentary copy but there was no obligation for a positive review! ( )
  fcplcataloger | Apr 2, 2024 |
5 stars, Bishops are people too

Thinking of a Bishop of an Amish church and community, and I start getting nervous. Bishops are highly respected and full of knowledge, yet they are ordinary men.

As much as Simon Gruber tries to fight it, he finds himself pushed back into situations with Stella Schmucker. Stella is a herbalist from a nearby community and Simon's community is in need of a healer. Simon is a widower, Stella has never been married.

Stella tries to fight her feelings as well, but when the Lord has something in mind for you, you'd be better off accepting it, rather than fighting against it.

Highly Recommend. One of my most favorite bible verses is included in this book. "There is a time for everything under the sun," Ecclesiastes 3:1.

Quotable Quotes: "Eight hundred dollars a pound was the going price." Nothing that I could ever afford. "Jewelweed, a preventative and a cure for poison ivy." We use it too. "Pretty as a rose petal." Lovely.

My favorite characters are Stella, Ellie, Simon, and Michael.

I am thankful to have received a complimentary copy of #CourtingAnAmishBishop from #BarbourPublishing #BarbourFiction #Mindy Steele #NetGalley I was not obligated to post a review.

#TheHeartoftheAmishSeries
1. The Flower Quilter by Mindy Steele
2. Ruth’s Ginger Snap Surprise by Anne Blackburne
3. The Quilt Room Secret by Lisa Jones Baker
4. Courting an Amish Bishop by Mindy Steele

#ChristianRomance #InspyFiction #womensfiction #AmishFiction #ContemporaryRomance #QuotableQuotes #Herbalists #NaturalHealing ( )
  HuberK | Mar 31, 2024 |
This was a fun read, although, there are really sad parts, and yet, life goes on!

Stella Schmucker is an Amish healer and when the nearby Amish community has flu out of control, she is called upon by their bishop to help.

I can just picture the bishop picking Stella up in his small buggy and she getting in with her dog! Not a dog lover, Simon Graber, needs Stella!

I also love that Simon's mother and his son love the dog! Stella is about to help those in need, some don't want her, but others need her!

Then we have the attraction between Stella and Simon, one has suffered a terrible loss, the other has been terribly hurt, can they forge a relationship?

I loved how everything worked out, but it is a bumpy road for answers!

I received this book through Net Galley and the Publisher Barbour, and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Feb 7, 2024 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,623,415 books! | Top bar: Always visible