Emma's Hero by Carrie Walker

Emma's Hero (edition 2024)

by Carrie Walker (Author)

443,448,033 (5)None

Work Information

Emma's Hero by walkercarrie

No tags

MY THOUGHTS ON THIS BOOK
Emma’s Hero is a beautifully written book that will grab your heart and won’t let go. Emma is a scared but determined young lady as she faces life with a special needs son. She will do everything she can to make sure he has the best care possible. With the help of Ben, who is a Paramedic and teenager Mason, life was easier for Emma.

What an amazing debut book by Author Carrie Walker! I cried more than usual as I read this wonderful book. I just love Emma, and and the sweet mom she becomes. And Mason. I love how he develops into the sweetest young guy as the story unfolds. I like how Ben prays for Emma long before he meets her. And the three of these characters will stay with me for a long time, along with the beautiful and sweet Theo. This is for sure a book I will keep and read again. I can’t wait for the second book in this Faith Endures Series, and what Carrie Walker has for us next. I’m giving this special book Five Stars. If you enjoy new authors, or contemporary Christian, or just a good clean book to read, you have to try Emma’s Hero. You will not be disappointed!!

A special thanks to the author/publisher for a copy of this book. I am not required to write a positive review, the opinions here are mine alone. I am disclosing this with my review in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. ( )
  ibjoy1953 | May 5, 2024 |
There are times that a special story will grab your heart and slowly with each beat you feel every emotion. This story is one where a young baby named Theo given little hope to survive will touch lives that are broken, hopeless and lack confidence. A baby is a miracle and no matter what the doctors tell Emma she is determined to have this child that God has blessed her with. She has taken on quite a challenge but everyday she becomes this mother who fights for the life of her child.

Theo has been born with an illness that doesn’t give him a good prognosis. The poor baby has to be constantly watched and I can’t imagine that every moment he may start a seizure, Emma prays God will save him. Emma is a fierce warrior for her child but she does have a little bitterness toward the man who abandoned her when he found out she was pregnant.

Ben is at the right place and at the right time when Emma goes into labor. His skills as a paramedic help calm Emma down. I liked how he stayed with her and was able to see a miracle happen. That moment gave Ben a new outlook on life. This child fights for his life everyday. Ben has a special bond with Theo and Emma and wants to be part of their lives.

Mason is a troubled teen who has been volunteered by a church group to drop off weekly groceries and medicine to Emma. I loved this part of the story because it gave Mason a feeling of helping others and feeling needed. His loneliness begins to fade as he becomes attached to sweet Theo. As Clara comes into the picture she sees how much Theo has changed Mason and is drawn to the child as well.

This beautiful story shows the struggles a young unmarried mother has with a disabled child and the people who step up to help. New relationships are formed and faith starts to show in each of our main characters. This is a must read book and don’t miss the author’s notes that show how this story cam about. I kept thinking of this scripture, “ and a child shall lead them.” For me Theo was here for a reason and God used him in a mighty way.

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | Apr 26, 2024 |
Emma’s Hero by Carrie Walker is a Christian Contemporary Romance. This book centers around a young, single mother named Emma who finds herself pregnant with a baby. Her twenty-week ultrasound changes her life forever. She receives the devastating news that her son has a condition that typically results in the baby being incompatible with life.

When she goes into labor and calls for emergency assistance, paramedic Ben Sullivan enters their lives and works to prove that he and God both care for the two of them. Add in a lonely seventeen-year-old blogger, Mason Hughes, who feels worthless, and this story becomes exceptionally moving. When his mother volunteers him to help Emma and her son each week, he grows closer to them and finds God’s purpose in his life.

I found myself caught up in the story and unable to avoid being moved to tears. The author weaves a book filled with faith, hope, love, family, and chances to do the right thing. The book includes extra characters, including Emma’s best friend, Emma’s mother, Ben’s family and friends, plus Mason’s mother and his classmates, and the story gains a richness that makes it impossible to put down.

You should be sure to read the author’s notes at the end of the book, which explains the inspiration behind this story. It truly needs to be shared.

So, if you want a Christian Contemporary Romance, check out Emma’s Hero by Carrie Walker.

I received a complimentary copy of this book, but this in no way influenced my review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  PattiP1992 | Apr 21, 2024 |
Emma’s Hero is a gripping, thought-provoking story that keeps you on an emotional roller coaster--some parts made me laugh; some really made me contemplate; and some brought tears. I was not sure what to expect from this debut novel but was quickly captivated by the story. The well-structured, smoothly flowing plot grabbed me from the beginning and kept me reading expectantly to the end. The beautifully crafted characters are engaging and believable. I grew to care about them as they battled difficult circumstances. Detailed descriptions of the demanding extensive care required by Theo’s medical condition evidence extensive research and add depth to the story. I especially appreciate the strong, insightful faith thread woven throughout and the reminder of how helping others in a time of need can become a transforming blessing on your own life. I thoroughly enjoyed this beautiful though at times heart-wrenching story and highly recommend it.
I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher with no obligation to write a positive review. All thoughts and opinions are my own. ( )
  Joycar_1 | Feb 11, 2024 |

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,130,268 books! | Top bar: Always visible