The Anthropologists by Aysegül Savas

The Anthropologists (edition 2024)

by Aysegül Savas (Author)

912,022,211 (5)None
"""Like Walter Benjamin, Ayseg?l Savas uncovers trapdoors to bewilderment everywhere in everyday life; like Henry James, she sees marriage as a mystery, unsoundably deep. The Anthropologists is mesmerizing; I felt I read it in a single breath."" -Garth Greenwell"
Member:ocassim
Title:The Anthropologists
Authors:Aysegül Savas (Author)
Info:Bloomsbury Publishing (2024), 192 pages
Collections:Your library, To read

Work Information

The Anthropologists by Aysegül Savas

No tags

The Anthropologists is a book that readers will love or one that readers will detest. Aysegül Savas' writing style in the novel is very unusual. The story of Asya and Manu is told by Asya in a very perfunctory fashion. There are few descriptive words used other than when talking about the park or, sparingly, a handful of other characters. This is why some readers will find it lacking. To me, it is astounding that the author is able to convey so much emotion without describing the characters' feelings. There is such loneliness, sorrow, and longing throughout the book. Asya and Manu strive to become the adults they feel they should be, while each is far from their different home countries. This is a review that I, too, will write frugally. Aysegül Savas has penned a surprising and stunning story.
Thank you to NetGalley and Bloomsbury Publishing. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advance copy of this book provided by the publisher, Bloomsbury Publishing, via NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own. ( )
  Shookie | Mar 6, 2024 |

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,410,015 books! | Top bar: Always visible