100 Cats Who Changed Civilization: History's…

100 Cats Who Changed Civilization: History's Most Influential Felines

by Sam Stall

2007 (1) 2010 (1) adult (1) animals (6) BB (1) cat (2) cats (28) civilization (4) compilation (1) culture (1) ebook (3) feline (1) fluff (1) gift (1) hardcover (2) history (12) humor (1) Jensbooks (1) library (1) NF (1) non-fiction (18) own (1) owned (1) pets (3) read (2) scanned (1) shorts (1) to-read (2) trivia (1) unread (1)

Almost anyone who knows me at all knows that I’m a cat person. I am not, however, the sort of cat person who collects cat paraphernalia or reads cutesy-poo books about cats. But, cutesy-poo or not, this little book just charmed the heck out of me. It was just the thing for reading at the breakfast table. It’s nice, but not taxing; a pleasant start to the day, but easy to walk away from. I certainly wouldn’t put this book in the category of great literature, and it isn’t meant to be that, but it would make a nice little gift for a cat-loving friend.

See my complete review at my blog. ( )
  teresakayep | Dec 9, 2008 |
Who would have thought that our feline friends have had such influence on events of world history? From pharaohs to modern statesmen, nobility to peasant, the common cat has had a hand in shaping our world. This is a collection of fascinating anecdotes. ( )
  VivienneR | Oct 15, 2008 |

100 Cats Who Made a DifferenceIf you don't believe that one cat has the power to alter civilization, then you've obviously never heard of Tibbles, the cat who single-handedly wiped out an entire species. Or Ahmedabad, a Siamese kitten who sparked riots throughout Pakistan. Or Snowball, the cat who helped to convict dozens of murderers and criminals. Or Felix, the first cat to explore outer space.These are just four of the 100 Cats Who Changed Civilization, and this book honors their extra-ordinary contributions to science, history, art, government, religion, and more. You'll meet a cat who filed a lawsuit and a cat who was slapped with a restraining order. You'll meet cats who have inspired great works of literature and classical music. You'll even meet a cat who telephoned the police to save the life of his owner. These beautifully illustrated true stories are a tribute to the intelligence, bravery, and loving nature of cats all over the world.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,823,800 books! | Top bar: Always visible