The Outcast of Redwall by Brian Jacques
1,910None3,576 (3.74)26

[Outcast of Redwall] is another well plotted story from Redwall world of [[Brian Jacques]]. I like how he ties this story back to earlier ones, providing generational history of badgers and mice. Highly entertaining reading, with distinctive personalities for moles, shrews, ferrets, foxes, mice, hedgehogs, and badgers. Aside from his characterization and plotting, Mr. Jacques provides amusing descriptions of the various foods the anthropomorphic animals eat. He also creates a variety of songs and poems for his characters to sing and recite. This book is enjoyable for all ages. ( )
  jjvors | Dec 19, 2012 |
Book review by David H.. posted by CA Library:

"The Outcast of Redwall by Brian Jacques is the eighth novel in the Redwall series. The novel is fiction it is about one of the few Badger lords, Snunflash the Mace, that appear in the series. When the badger was young he was taken slave by Swartt Six claw the ferret. He escaped one cold night with the help of Skarlath a hawk.

Hunted by Swartt Sixclaw and his horde and accompanied by his new companion Skarlath, Sunflash the Mace travels to the mysterious Badger lord Mountain due to his strange dreams he keeps having. Meeting many creatures, making many friends and fighting many enemies along the way.

I give this book a four out of five stars. I rated this Novel the way I did because of the way the author , Brain Jacques, makes the characters come to life. How when a character is feeling pain you feel sympathy. If the character is triumphed you feel happy for him. I recommend this book to people who like adventure fantasy." ( )
  calibrary1 | Nov 27, 2012 |
Brian Jacques' tale of animal adventure, betrayal, and the classic plot of age old enemies struggling to defeat one another. Sprinkled with a little magic and some different animal accents to boot, this book is for those with a wilder take on our woodland friends.
  Mrs.Williams | Jan 22, 2010 |
I love this book. I grew up reading the redwall novels, but this was the last one I purchased. And I didn't read it until 10 years later. It's full of wonderful characters and I definitely cried when one of the best characters died. This is certainly more an adult book than a children's book lol ( )
  laurscartelli | Oct 8, 2009 |
My favorite Redwall book, but unpopular. It seems a lot more mature than most of the series. To jaygheiser--they *are* a lot alike. Take a break from reading Redwall books. Come back to the series in a few months. If you find that's not enough time off, take a year. ( )
  veilsixclaw | Jul 16, 2009 |
"When blood of weak meets blood of strong,
Reap the whirlwind you have sown,
Beware the lightning summer mark,
Of one whom you have known.
To the Lord who scorns all pity,
Open wide Dark Forest gate,
There a little flower awaits,
One day to seal your fate."
- Nightshade the Seer
It was a warm old autumn afternoon of russet and gold, a time for legends and stories of seasons long gone.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0441004164, Mass Market Paperback)

When ferret Swartt Sixclaw and his arch enemy Sunflash the Mace swear a pledge of death upon each other, a young creature is cruelly banished from the safety of Redwall. As he grows, he seeks revenge on the people of Redwall and finds himself embroiled in a hostile battle with far-reaching consequences.

An epic tale of Redwall from the pen of master storyteller Brian Jacques, Outcast of Redwall is a kaleidoscope of color, range, and emotions that culminates in a bitter contest between good and evil. None of the passion of the earlier Redwall titles is lost, as some of the most cherished landscapes and best-loved characters from previous books are revisited, with a wisdom and clarity that has developed and endured.

On a basic level, this is a marvelous fantasy adventure story. Look deeper and you will find that Outcast of Redwall, along with the other titles in the series, has a divine, enduring quality that ranks it among he best in children's literature. --Susan Harrison

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:30 -0400)

The destinies of the badger lord dubbed Sunflash and his mortal enemy, the ferret warlord Swartt Sixclaw, are entwined with those of many creatures, particularly the inhabitants of Redwall Abbey.

Three editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,486,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible