The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline B.…

The Face on the Milk Carton

by Caroline B. Cooney

How have I lived my whole life without reading this? I assumed I had read this because I always saw it lying around. Wrong! It's a pretty quick read, I had this done in no time. It's set in the late 80s/early 90s and follows the story of young Janie Johnson as her life shatters before her eyes. One day at school she happens to notice that the young girl on the milk carton is her, her as a three year old. She tries convincing herself it isn't her but things keep adding up. She has no birth certificate, there are no photos of her before the age of 5, and she has the matching dress of the girl in the photo. When she confronts her parents things still don't add up. Who is the girl on the milk carton. A suspenseful teen read that leaves readers on the edge of their seats at the stunning conclusion (thankfully there are more books in the series). ( )
  ecataldi | Dec 20, 2016 |
Caught the movie version of this last week and went to see how much it cost on Kindle. I got a deal, so decided to reread it for the first time in a really long time. It was one of the most compelling YA reads I remember from my tween years. I don't expect it to read the same as it did then, but I think it will hold up pretty well. ( )
  gentlespirit512 | Nov 22, 2016 |
I remember reading this book when I was younger and really enjoying it. Even now it is still a really great book. I had no idea there were so many other books in the series. I look forward to seeing how it ends. ( )
  KeriLynneD | Sep 20, 2016 |
I read this series in Jr. High and suffice to say it rocked my world. I became so addicted to Caroline B. Cooney's works that I read anything of hers I could get my hands on. She is one of those authors who pioneered the Young Adult market, in my opinion. Her mystery and intrigue is paramount and her first volume of this series is the prime example of how it should be done. ( )
  JSilverwood | Aug 27, 2016 |
Very interesting. ( )
  katieloucks | Feb 26, 2016 |
To my mother, Martha Willerton Bruce, and my father, Dexter, Mitchell Bruce.
Janie finished her essay.

Nobody ever paid close attention to the faces that appeared at the back of the milk cartons. However, one day Janie Johnson glanced at the back of the milk carton. It was a face of a three year old girl with her hair in pig tails, wearing a white collar dress. It said that the three year old girl had been kidnapped twelve years ago from a shopping mall. Janie first didn't realize that the girl on the milk carton was her, but the three year old girl was Janie Johnson.

With shock, Janie started to find clues, because she possibly couldn’t believe that her parents had kidnapped her. However, the clues that Janie had put together didn’t make any sense. What really happened twelve years ago? How did Janie end up showing in the milk carton that she had been kidnapped?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 038532328X, Hardcover)

No one ever really paid close attention to the faces of the missing children on the milk cartons. But as Janie Johnson glanced at the face of the ordinary little girl with her hair in tight pigtails, wearing a dress with a narrow white collar--a three-year-old who had been kidnapped twelve years before from a shopping mall in New Jersey--she felt overcome with shock. She recognized that little girl--it was she. How could it possibly be true?

Janie can't believe that her loving parents kidnapped her, but as she begins to piece things together, nothing makes sense. Something is terribly wrong. Are Mr. and Mrs. Johnson really Janie's parents? And if not, who is Janie Johnson, and what really happened?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:02 -0400)

A photograph of a missing girl on a milk carton leads Janie on a search for her real identity.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 112,655,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible