A Hope Fulfilled: a novella of biblical Edom…

A Hope Fulfilled: a novella of biblical Edom and Obadiah’s prophecy (A Fire and a Flame) (edition 2023)

by April W Gardner (Author)

334,120,963 (5)None
Member:PattiP1992
Title:A Hope Fulfilled: a novella of biblical Edom and Obadiah’s prophecy (A Fire and a Flame)
Authors:April W Gardner (Author)
Info:Big Spring Press (2023), 170 pages
Rating:*****

Work Information

A Hope Fulfilled: a novella of biblical Edom and Obadiah’s prophecy (A Fire and a Flame) by April W Gardner

No tags

A Hope Fulfilled by April W. Gardner is Biblical Fiction. Tikvah, a Hebrew slave, lives in Edom and hopes to live again in Jerusalem. When a Babylonian general and his dashing Jewish liaison arrive at her master’s house and talk about destroying Edom and making other promises, she senses Yahweh working in their midst..

With a blinded and muted slave, referred to as Abba, she is determined to secure freedom for them both. The way the author creates this story drew me and kept me reading. Based on Obadiah’s prophecies, I found this book worth reading.

The storyline and characters help bring this book to life. I felt like I was part of this story, and the author weaved together the storyline in a way that kept me reading. I appreciate seeing how the author allowed characters to work on Yahweh’s behalf.

So, if you enjoy Biblical Fiction, check out A Hope Fulfilled by April W Gardner.

I received a complimentary copy of this book, but this in no way influenced my review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  PattiP1992 | Apr 2, 2024 |
I don’t know much about Obadiah which piqued my interest in this book. I appreciate how the author stayed close to the Bible in this retelling and think anything that was added only helped bring the story to life. Being introduced to Tikvah was very eye opening. A slave girl who works hard but is treated with dishonor was emotional for me. I tried to put myself in her position and knew that I at times would feel alone and worried about the future.

The story brings us to an important prophecy in the Bible where Edom would be destroyed . Do you ever wonder if you knew something profound like that would anyone believe you? That is a huge responsibility but the prophet knew he had to share it. Tikvah will have a hard decision to make and this is where I found the story to move at a good pace. After reading this book, I found myself researching more about Obadiah. For me when an author writes a Biblical fiction book which makes me want to study more about the subject it is a book that deepens my hunger for His Word.

I received a copy of this book from Celebrate Lit. The review is my own opinion. ( )
  Harley0326 | Mar 30, 2024 |
Pure faith. Very little is known about Obediah, the prophet who foretold that God would destroy Edom and then the Jews would return to Jerusalem. God wouldn't accept the treatment of Edom against Jacob his brother's people. There had been a few Jews taken as slaves to Edom. This is an author's idea of how it might have played out in Edom at that time. These were two devout Jews who knew the prophecy and had waited faithfully on the Lord. This was the time, as prophesied, when Babylon came to destroy Edom, and they helped make it happen. Beautifully told, so real it's as if you were there. You can feel their faith and excitement of this time. Very enriching read.

I received this book free from the author, publisher and CelebrateLit book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

#AHopeFulfilled #AprilWGardner #BooksYouCanFeelGoodAbout #CelebrateLit #ChristianHistoricalFiction #FiveStarNovel #BigSpringPress ( )
  Robin.Willson | Mar 24, 2024 |

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,717,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible