Rip Tide (Volume 2) (Oceans of Time) by Lisa…

Rip Tide (Volume 2) (Oceans of Time) (edition 2024)

by Lisa T Bergren (Author)

225,283,104 (4.5)None
Member:PattiP1992
Title:Rip Tide (Volume 2) (Oceans of Time)
Authors:Lisa T Bergren (Author)
Info:Enclave Publishing (2024), 352 pages

Work Information

Rip Tide (Oceans of Time Book 2) by Lisa T. Bergren

Recently added byPattiP1992, SBMC

No tags

Rip Tide by Lisa T. Bergren is a Romantic Fantasy. It is the second book in the Oceans of Time series and continues to chronicle the lives of the Betarrini and Forelli families. As a dual-timeline, multi-character book, I found myself having to look back to see what character was the focus of any given section.

I love the idea of this book more than the actual execution. I found it hard to follow, as it jumps around from one viewpoint to another. The author includes drama, suspense, Medieval times, and more.

So, if you want a Romantic Fantasy, check out Rip Tide by Lisa T. Bergren.

I received a complimentary copy of this book, but this in no way influenced my review. All opinions are my own. ( )
  PattiP1992 | Apr 21, 2024 |
This second installment of the series doesn't miss a beat as it plunges the reader into a world of loyalty, bravery, faith and betrayal in 1372 medieval Siena and Firenze of Italy. There is plenty of action in battle and plenty of spot on faith lessons. Told in Tiliani and Luciana's first person voices in 1372, we get a good look at the political climate of medieval Toscana and the life of a titled family defending their castle and people they love. Romance between Tiliani and Valentino is exquisitely tender yet heart-breaking as these star-crossed lovers try to find their way. Luciana and Giulio are sweet and so perfectly matched but struggle with being from two very different time periods with incongruent expectations. We didn't see much of Nico and Ilaria here as main characters but I hope to see more of them soon. This book is the right blend of action, intrigue, faith, and romance. I can't wait to see what the next book holds; it promises to be another epic read considering how this book ended!
I received a complimentary copy courtesy of Enclave Publishing via Celebrate Lit Tours and was under no obligation to post a positive comment. All opinions are my own. ( )
  SBMC | Apr 10, 2024 |

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,319,940 books! | Top bar: Always visible