The Pursuit of a Duchess (The Ladies of the…

The Pursuit of a Duchess (The Ladies of the Aristocracy) (edition 2024)

by Linda Rae Sande (Author)

117,792,391 (4)None
Member:BarbaraRogers
Title:The Pursuit of a Duchess (The Ladies of the Aristocracy)
Authors:Linda Rae Sande (Author)
Info:Twisted Teacup Publishing (2024), 332 pages

Work Information

The Pursuit of a Duchess (The Ladies of the Aristocracy) by Linda Rae Sande

Recently added byBarbaraRogers

No tags

This entertaining book presents us with three romances all gloriously intertwined. Three couples whose lives and happiness are all interwoven into an intricate knot that will see them all reach the very best of HEAs. There is even a lovely epilogue showing that our couples' happiness has spanned the years. Yes, I certainly enjoyed it.

Thirty years ago, Michael Cummings, Marquess of Fenwick, and Lady Helena, daughter of the Duke of Woodleigh, loved each other desperately and wanted to marry. Thanks to her cruel, uncaring, unfeeling father, she was forced to marry the Duke of Weston instead. Although it was an arranged marriage, Helena went on to have two children – a son named Alfred, and a daughter named Amelia. The marriage was unhappy, but at least she got her children out of it. Michael went on to marry, though he didn’t love the woman and she knew it. She did love Michael and they were happy even though Michael was always in love with Helena. Michael also went on to have two children – a son named Philip and a daughter named Violet.

Fast forward thirty years and both Michael and Helena are widowed. Michael can hardly wait for Helena’s mourning period to be over so he can see her again. He still loves her as much as he did thirty years ago. Does she still love him? Will she be happy to see him? He hasn’t set foot in London for thirty years – but he is so excited to get back there and see his one true love.

In the meantime (in London) – Michael’s son has fallen madly in love with Helena’s daughter – and she returns that love. Michael and Alfred were friends once, but they had a serious falling out and Alfred has hated Philip since. Michael and Amelia fear Alfred will refuse his permission to marry out of spite. How can they get his approval? There has to be a way.

Violet is Amelia’s best friend and she desperately wants to help convince Alfred to agree to Amelia and Philip marrying. However, he isn't what she expected when she meets Alfred and spends time with him. Why does he seem so different from Amelia’s description of him? He isn’t unpleasant at all? As a matter of fact – it wouldn’t take much for Violet to come to care for him. OOPS!

This is a fun read with characters you will very quickly come to love and you’ll surely be rooting for them all to figure it out – no matter how twisted and convoluted it all seems. Will we get three weddings? You bet we will and it was a blast watching them all work through the pretzel twist of things to get there. I enjoyed this read and can definitely recommend it. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. HAPPY READING!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy (ARC) of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own. ( )
  BarbaraRogers | Apr 6, 2024 |

Current Discussions

Genres

No genres

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,067,147 books! | Top bar: Always visible