Martin Luther King Jr.: A Man Who Changed Things

by Carol Greene

1212183,217 (5)None
A simple biography of the Baptist minister and civil rights leader who helped American blacks win many battles for equal rights and who was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964.

I thought this was a decent story. It is simple enough for young students to understand. I think it would be good in lower elementary classroom. I am not sure that students above this would enjoy this story. This book would be a good resource to have, but I do believe that there may be something better out there to offer students. I have to admit that I was a bit bored while reading this. :/
  Carolina8629 | Nov 17, 2010 |
Summary:
This is a story of Martin Luther King, Jr's life as a child growing up in a place where there is division between white and black America. This book contains important dates such as the "I Have A Dream Speech" in 1963 and winning the Nobel Peace Prize in 1964.

Personal Reaction:
Awesome book! It was written in a way that a young child could understand and it was written in such a non-violent and non-judging way that coincided with the non-violent nature of M.L. King, Jr.

Extensions:
1. Prepare "I Have A Dream" speech for children to recite
2. Write and recite an original poem or a favorite poem
  stephanieml3 | Jul 17, 2009 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,125,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible