A Irmandade do Anel - O Senhor dos Anéis -…

A Irmandade do Anel - O Senhor dos Anéis - Parte I (Portuguese Edition) (original 1954; edition 2020)

by J. R. R. Tolkien (Author)

44,78239121 (4.37)6 / 582
The first volume in the trilogy, tells of the fateful ppower of the One ring. All the members of the fellowship, hobbits, elves and wizards, are plunged into a clash between good and evil.
Member:emilialages
Title:A Irmandade do Anel - O Senhor dos Anéis - Parte I (Portuguese Edition)
Authors:J. R. R. Tolkien (Author)
Info:Planeta (2020), 612 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites

The Fellowship of the Ring by J. R. R. Tolkien (1954)

English (365)  Spanish (10)  French (3)  German (2)  Swedish (2)  Polish (1)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (385)
Loved the book, and looking forward to reading the next book. Although I've skipped through some of the poems and songs, it's been an easier read than I'd expected. Especially after some rather negative reviews of some readers who found it long winded and boring. So can't wait to dive into the Two Towers. ( )
  ilsevr1977 | Jul 2, 2021 |
"Lançado em razão do Tolkien Reading Day , este box de luxo em formato pocket é um produto exclusivo! Pela primeira vez no Brasil, as duas principais obras de J.R.R. Tolkien são vendidas juntas, em um box rígido e com alto grau de acabamento. Em um mesmo conjunto o leitor poderá conferir todos os eventos do final da Terceira Era da Terra-média, começando com a jornada Lá e De Volta Outra Vez de Bilbo Bolseiro, até suas implicações a longo prazo, que culminaram na jornada de Frodo Bolseiro e na Demanda do Um Anel, eventos narrados em O Senhor dos Anéis. Conheça todos os diferenciais deste box: ¿ Quatro livros: O Hobbit, A Sociedade do Anel, As Duas Torres e O Retorno do Rei. ¿ Lindas capas em couro macio e flexível com cantos arredondados. ¿ Fitilhos marcadores de página nas cores de cada capa. ¿ Lombada costurada que permite total abertura do livro. ¿ Acabamentos em baixo relevo e hot stamping nas capas e na caixa. ¿ Box rígido chanfrado revestido em couro macio. ¿ Mapas coloridos nas guardas de todos os livros; ¿ Papel premiun na cor creme e com cantos arredondados. ¿ Mancha e espaçamento de linhas confortáveis. ¿ Tamanho pocket padrão que permite melhor manuseio dos livros. ¿ Leveza, beleza e qualidade combinados. "
  AdaileJosy | Jun 12, 2021 |
I learned to read partly by following along as my father read Tolkien’s books aloud to myself and my siblings. I can understand how one might prefer the heightened drama of the sequels, but the sense of adventure, wonder, and discovery in Fellowship was my favorite part of the series. Tolkien’s prose is detailed, wandering, and at times obscure. But his imagination and storytelling are to me unparalleled. He revived a tradition of inventing fairy-stories, and inspired a genre with these books. ( )
  wishanem | May 27, 2021 |
too painfully long and descriptive ( )
  Annievdm | May 17, 2021 |
In the first installment of the "Lord of the Rings"-series, Tolkien continues to bring his own fantasy world to life. Introduced in The Hobbit, Middle-earth becomes darker with Frodo, Bilbo's nephew in the focus of the book. Frodo Baggins lives a perfect, normal life in the Shire, but after he learns of the importance of his uncle's ring, his life changes completely.

This book is the perfect piece of art for a fantasy fan and it is a must-read for anybody who is interested in mythology, medieval topics and quest-stories. Tolkien is a master at creating a realistic atmosphere and the world he created has so many details, including languages, that the reader encounters a world somewhat similar to ours on the one side, but completely different to it on the other side. ( )
  plitzdom | May 12, 2021 |
Masterpiece? Oh yes, I've no doubt about that.
added by GYKM | editEvening Standard

Tolkien was a storyteller of genius
added by GYKM | editLiterary Review

A triumphant close ... a grand piece of work, grand in both conception and execution. An astonishing imaginative tour de force.
added by GYKM | editDaily Telegraph

A story magnificently told, with every kind of colour and movement and greatness
added by GYKM | editNew Statesman

added by Shortride | editTime (Nov 22, 1954)

Tolkien, J. R. R.primary authorall editionsconfirmed

Contains

Is retold in

Has the adaptation

Inspired

Has as a commentary on the text

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
Tre har elvernes konge i dybeste skove,
Syv har dværgenes herrer i sale af sten,
Ni har mennesket dødeligt, dømt til at sove
Én har den natsote fyrste for ondskab og mén
I Mordors land, hvor skygger ruge.
Én Ring er over dem alle, Én Ring kan finde de andre
Én Ring kan bringe dem alle, i mørket lænke dem alle
I Mordors land, hvor skygger ruge.
Prologue - This book is largely concerned with Hobbits, and from its pages a reader may discover much of their character and a little of their history.
Chap One - When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton.
Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too quick to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.
I regret to announce that—though, as I said, eleventy-one years is far too short a time to spend among you—this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!
The Road goes ever on and on

Down from the door where it began.

Now far away the Road has gone,

And I must follow, if I can,

Pursuing it with eager feet,

Until it joins some larger way

Where many paths and errands meet.

And whither then? I cannot say.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.
Health and hope grew strong in them, and they were content with each good day as it came, taking pleasure in every meal, and in every word and song.
J.R.R. Tolkien's complete work The Lord of the Rings consists of six Books, frequently bound in three Volumes, as follow:
  • Volume I: The Fellowship of the Ring, consisting of Book 1, "The Ring Sets Out" and Book 2, "The Ring Goes South";
  • Volume II: The Two Towers, consisting of Book 3, "The Treason of Isengard," and Book 4, "The Ring Goes East"; and
  • Volume III: The Return of the King, consisting of Book 5, "The War of the Ring," and Book 6, "The End of the Third Age," with Appendices.
This LT Work consists of Volume I, The Fellowship of the Ring; please do not combine it with any other part(s) or with Tolkien's complete work, each of which have LT Works pages of their own. Thank you.

In a sleepy village in the Shire, young Frodo Baggins finds himself faced with an immense task, as his elderly cousin Bilbo entrusts the Ring to his care. Frodo must leave his home and make a perilous journey across Middle-earth to the Cracks of Doom, there to destroy the Ring and foil the Dark Lord in his evil purpose.
-Amazon
Galadriel says,
“All will love me and despair!”
What a Drama Queen.

(Carnophile)

HighBridge

An edition of this book was published by HighBridge.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,232,911 books! | Top bar: Always visible