Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow

Presumed Innocent (original 1987; edition 2011)

by Scott Turow (Author)

2,595None2,294 (3.8)60
Member:katiekrug
Title:Presumed Innocent
Authors:Scott Turow (Author)
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2011), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 496 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:Fiction, contemporary, American, legal thriller

Presumed Innocent by Scott Turow (1987)

(8) 20th century (9) American (13) American literature (12) courtroom (13) crime (49) crime and mystery (11) crime fiction (23) fiction (342) hardcover (8) law (28) lawyers (16) legal (32) legal fiction (18) legal thriller (79) made into movie (8) movie (12) murder (31) murder mystery (9) mystery (204) novel (49) own (12) paperback (14) read (36) suspense (55) thriller (91) to-read (27) trial (10) Turow (9) unread (11)

English (33)  German (1)  All languages (34)
Audible book. I enjoyed again the second time I read it. ( )
  njcur | Feb 13, 2014 |
Every now and then I re-read something, having been sure I have NOT read it before. Although there was the movie--- movie and the book are so different---and now, there is the sequel, Innocent, which I am in the middle of! I've also listened to the audio because of the excellent reader and that makes it all different from the book---listening and reading are amazingly different experiences. ( )
  nyiper | Jul 20, 2013 |
Put simply, every time you think you know something, you quickly discern that you know absolutely nothing. Masterful. ( )
  kcheel67 | Apr 12, 2013 |
I was very excited to receive this book as part of the Early Reviewers program. I enjoy all of Scott Turow's work. When I received the book I went to find the first book in the series (Presumed Innocent) in my collection so I could reread it first, but it must be one that is still packed in boxes. LOL[return]I went ahead and started on the new one in the hopes I would remember details from the first. I didn't remember too many of the details of the first book, but this one was great on it's own as well.[return]This book has great characters and a great plot with a lot of twists and turns and a surprising ending. Well worth the read! ( )
  booksgaloreca | Apr 3, 2013 |
Following the story of prosecuting attorney Rusty Sabich, the novel's protagonist, is to be a part of his desperate, noir-ish world where the chronic sting of middle-age regret hurts as much as any suffering. Rusty has built a successful law career, one that most would be envious of, but the man leads a damaged life fraught with many wrong turns. Some were bad strokes of luck; others were entirely his fault. Past and present, nature versus nurture—all of this will come into play as you weigh the circumstances he finds himself in.

Presumed Innocent was recommended to me primarily for its clever ending. So throughout the reading I knew to expect one and yet it still caught me completely by surprise. This novel succeeds on many fronts and should be a timeless classic in the mystery genre for decades to come. ( )
  Daniel.Estes | Oct 28, 2012 |

Scott Turowprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Pozanco, VíctorTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rambelli, RobertaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my mother
This is how I always start: "I am the prosecutor."

Presumed Innocent brings to life our worst nightmare: that of an ordinary citizen facing conviction for the most terrible of all crimes. It's the stunning portrayal of one man's all-too-human, all-consuming fatal attraction for a passionate woman who is ot his wife, and the story of how his obsession puts everything he loves and values on trial -including his own life. It's a book that lays bare a shocking world of betrayal and murder, as well as the hidden depths of the human heart.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0446359866, Mass Market Paperback)

Scott Turow's #1 runaway bestseller comes to theaters everywhere as a major motion picture from Warner Bros., starring Harrison Ford, Brian Dennehy, Raul Julia, and Bonnie Bedelia, directed by Alan Pakula, best known for his award-winning work in "Klute".

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:45:39 -0400)

"In its portrayal of one man's ordeal, ... raises serious questions about our legal system, about its casual corruptions and inequities, about the public and private motivations which often determine matters of life and death."--Houston Post.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,501,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible