My Sweet Audrina by V.C. Andrews

My Sweet Audrina (original 1982; edition 1981)

by V.C. Andrews

Series: Audrina (1)

Member:jennmurphy
Title:My Sweet Audrina
Authors:V.C. Andrews
Info:Poseidon Press (1981), Hardcover
Tags:mild horror

My Sweet Audrina by V. C. Andrews (1982)

Every family has its secrets... I understand that but this family was full of manipulators.  Jeesh!!! I was so confused, I didn't even know who to believe! This novel was pleasurable and disturbing at the same time.  I couldn't put it down though.  Lol. I'm actually ready to check out the sequel which doesn't come out until July, I think.  My only gripe was that it took a lot of pages to get a point that could have been reached in half the pages.  It really was not that big of a"wow" moment, it was a little predictable. But as I said it was entertaining.  ( )
  1forthebooks | May 22, 2018 |
A pretty decent read. ( )
  KathrynCollins | Dec 23, 2016 |
One of her best. ( )
  JennysBookBag.com | Sep 28, 2016 |
I have not read V.C. Andrews since high school and Flowers in the Attic (didnt everyone read this one!) And since I have been in a small reading slump lately and what better than V.C Andrews to pull me out.

These books had me engrossed from the very start. Between the eerie house with the locked doors and strange places, to the weird characters like Vera with her brittle bones and her Femme Fatale ways…this is V.C Andrews at its best. The way these characters interact are unique and bizarre. Their deviant behavior just amazed me from the very first word.

The family is exactly what you expect from one of these books, weird, strange and downright creepy especially with their family secrets and lies! It is psychological drama that lures the reader in with the expectations for more darkness and creepiness. And did I mention the house…yes…I did…the house..I want to explore so badly!!

I did find Whitefern a little less enchanting than My Sweet Audrina. I don’t know if I read them too close together or if my expectation was too much. But, I found that Audrina was a little more strange than in the first book, almost too whiney for my taste. I also caught a few errors and the story and the characters were a little flat and did not capture my attention like the first book.

What a psycho, abnormal gothic horror series. The foreboding atmosphere create a strange, odd world to totally get lost in. I cannot wait to see what weirdness the next installment will take.

I received these novels from Simon and Schuster as part of XOXperts ( )
  fredreeca | Aug 28, 2016 |
It has been entirely tooo long since I read this book.
Guess what? I still love it!
I love the web that V.C. Andrews can weave and I love watching the whole thing unravel.
My Sweet Audrina did not disappoint even today. Oh how I love me some V.C. Andrews ( )
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
For Ann Patty, My Editor,
For Anita and Humphrey, my agents,
with gratitude.

Acknowledgement to Richard W.
Maurer, who dauntlessly supplied
me with lists of misdemeanours
concerning stock market activities,
herein committed by Damian
Jonathan Adare.
There was something strange about the house where I grew up.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0671729462, Unknown Binding)

V.C. Andrews, author of the phenomenally successful Dollanganger series, has created a fascinating new cast of characters in this haunting story of love and deceit, innocence and betrayal, and the suffocating power of parental love.

Audrina Adare wanted so to be as good as her sister. She knew her father could not love her as he loved her sister. Her sister was so special, so perfect -- and dead.

Now she will come face to face with the dangerous, terrifying secret that everyone knows. Everyone except...

My Sweet Audrina

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:00 -0400)

Audrina wanted to be as loved by her father as was her dead sister.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,414,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible