One Day My Soul Just Opened Up: 40 Days and…

by Iyanla Vanzant (Author)

Member:efw
Title:One Day My Soul Just Opened Up: 40 Days and 40 Nights Toward Spiritual Strength and Personal Growth
Authors:Iyanla Vanzant (Author)
Info:Fireside (1998), 316 pages
Collections:Untitled collection
Tags:Spiritual life, Meditations, Non-fiction

One Day My Soul Just Opened Up: 40 Days and 40 Nights Toward Spiritual Strength and Personal Growth by Iyanla Vanzant

"A program of inspiration and motivation that will help you work through problems and improve your emotional and spiritual health. Through exercises and reading,k Iylana provides you with the tools to rap into your strengths and make your dreams come true." -- From back book cover.
  efw | Nov 8, 2018 |
Iyanla connects with my soul. ( )
  Cleoxcat | May 28, 2015 |
This book changed my life. It gave me direction, purpose and a plan. It helped me to understand that we only have one life and we have to live that life with joy and purpose. ( )
  StephanieSmall | Nov 10, 2013 |
Looking for spiritual growth? This book will guide you well. In-depth sections on many spiritual stumbling blocks e.g. Trust/Truth/Forgiveness. Format is great, daily subject with concise synopsis/ thought for the day, affirmations and exercises based on daily reading.
Gives encouragement to record personal reflections, a rewarding means of documenting progress. Can seem challenging to face many subjects hidden in long-lived denial, but worth the effort, a real life changer. I found myself that a strange yet very obvious synchronicity developed, between each daily topic and my day-to-day experiences. ( )
1 vote aannttiiiittnnaa | Feb 23, 2008 |
Extremely helpful. ( )
  mjscakes | Jan 9, 2007 |
This book is dedicated to Ego, that part of us that continues to worry, lives in doubt, is afraid, judges other people, is afraid to trust, needs proof, believes only when it is convenient, fails to follow up, refuses to practice what it preaches, needs to be rescued, want to be a victim, beats up on "self," needs to be right all of the time, and continues to hold on to what does not work. You are now put on notice that ... YOUR DAYS ARE NUMBERED!
At one point in my life, I really thought I had it all figured out.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0684841347, Hardcover)

Ordained minister and "spiritual life counselor" Iyanla Vanzant doesn't know the exact moment when her soul opened up "and the spirit of the divine entered [her] body." But she will always remember the key insight that opened the door to her soul and simultaneously locked the door to her insanity: "If you know who walks beside you, you can never be afraid." This is the premise from which Vanzant has launched her enormously successful 40-day, spiritual self-help program. One Day My Soul Just Opened Up is designed as day-by-day journal/workbook to help readers believe in a divine presence while pondering daily spiritual lessons such as simplicity, peace, compassion, and nonjudgement.

The charismatic Vanzant (whom Oprah Winfrey considers to be one of the world's most admirable spiritual leaders) has a gift for humble, tell-it-like-it-is talk. She is also a wise and warm soul, eager to help others trust in love and find a relationship with God in order to get on with their lives. Readers especially like her daily list of inspirations titled "Let Me Remember." For example, under day 23, "When You Feel Angry," she uses the list to remind readers: "All things work to bring me healing"; "Forgiveness will provide relief and release"; and "Love will heal anything that is not an expression of love." --Gail Hudson

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:31 -0400)

One Day My Soul Just Opened Up is a program of inspiration and motivation that will help you work through problems and improve your emotional and spiritual health. Through exercises and readings, Iyanla provides you with the tools to tap into your strengths and make your dreams come true.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,284,133 books! | Top bar: Always visible