Kick Ass (Anthology) by Maggie Shayne

Kick Ass (Anthology) (edition 2006)

by Maggie Shayne (Author), Mary Janice Davidson (Author), Angela Knight (Author), Jacey Ford (Author)

Series: Time Hunters (prequel), Warlord Series ("Warfem", # 2)

They're sexy. They're smart. And they aren't afraid of a little danger-not even when it comes to matters of the heart... Four of today's hottest authors present a quartet of stories about bold women who take no prisoners-either in a fight or in love. Whether it's in the bedroom, in the outer limits of the galaxy, or out on the mean streets, they kick heart-stopping action to the next level. These are women who can hold their own and aren't to be trifled with. The men in their lives know that-and they love it...… (more)
Member:MerLady
Title:Kick Ass (Anthology)
Authors:Maggie Shayne (Author)
Other authors:Mary Janice Davidson (Author), Angela Knight (Author), Jacey Ford (Author)
Info:Berkley (2006), 343 pages

Kick Ass (Anthology 4-in-1) by Maggie Shayne (Contributor)

My favourite story was Mary Janice Davidson's "The Incredible Adventures of Boo and the Boy Blunder" - it was really funny.
Also good was Maggie Shayne's "The Bride Wore a .44" - straightforward action/espionage stuff, very well paced and kept the excitement going. ( )
  Silver | Mar 25, 2009 |
Worth reading for the Angela Knight story, Warfem. ( )
  jshillingford | Jun 20, 2007 |
***** The Bride Wore a .44 by Maggie Shayne. It's an amnesia story, reminiscent of that movie with Gena Davis (hmmm. must look for that one on DVD and ask for it for Christmas).
****½ The Incredible Adventures of Boo and the Boy Blunder by MaryJanice Davidson. Albino vampire slayer gets a geeky sidekick and meets a vampire stand-up comedian. I think this is my favorite of MJD's novellas, even though we don't actually see Betsy.
***** Warfem by Angela Knight. I've been looking forward to this one, and I wasn't disappointed. It's a secret baby story, but the plot reminded me a bit of something.... argh. Must.... resist... spoilers....
**** Painkillers by Jacey Ford. I've been looking forward to this one, too. I think Jacey Ford does better with full-length books. This was still pretty good, and there was a really funny epilogue, but it had that sex while they're hiding out from the bad guys thing that bugged me. The heroine was a supermodel and CIA agent, complete with her own secret agent handbook. The weakest story in the anthology, and it's still very good. ( )
  Darla | Apr 7, 2006 |

Shayne, MaggieContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davidson, MaryJaniceContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ford, JaceyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Knight, AngelaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
del Rosario, KristinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Ferlauto,StevenCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,400,114 books! | Top bar: Always visible